Feather Growing Problems !

Frederick

In order to give the creatures  a new lease of life my sons chickens were obtained from "battery " stock .....These come without a full set of feathers having been caged and pecked ....When turned out to "Free range " the feathers  grow back .....result ....phone rings ..."Have you lost any of your chickens .....they are in the middle of the village outside the pub ! "......wing now clipped ....now teetotal ! 

[quote user="Frederick"]I didnt do it myself but I believe its a case of taking scissors and rounding the ends back on one wing then when they flap they topple over ...dont go up like a helicopter  onto a wall then make a getaway  ![/quote]

I suppose you have to do it at regular intervals or the feathers grow back?

I think the idea of giving them alcohol is best - after all, when they escaped they were found by the village pub!

You haven't shown them 'Chicken Run' by any chance?

We clipped the wings of all of ours last year when the avian flu restrictions were in force. (May be starting again soon.) It doesn't cause them any pain, just like cutting our nails if done carefully. The flight feathers haven't grown back.