Upgrade tips

cooperlola

INSTALLING A HUSBAND

Dear Tech Support

Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and noticed a distinct slow-down in overall system performance - particularly in the flower and jewellery applications, which operated flawlessly under Boyfriend 5.0.

In addition, Husband 1.0 uninstalled many other valuable programmes, such as Romance 9.5 and Personal Attention6.5 and then installed additional undesireable programmes such as Soccer 5.0, The Ashes 3.0 and Golf Clubs 4.1.

Conversation 8.0 no longer runs, and Housecleaning 2.6 simply crashes the system. I've tried running Nagging 5.3 to fix these problems but to no avail.

[quote user="cooperlola"]

INSTALLING A HUSBAND

Dear Tech Support

Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and noticed a distinct slow-down in overall system performance - particularly in the flower and jewellery applications, which operated flawlessly under Boyfriend 5.0.

In addition, Husband 1.0 uninstalled many other valuable programmes, such as Romance 9.5 and Personal Attention6.5 and then installed additional undesireable programmes such as Soccer 5.0, The Ashes 3.0 and Golf Clubs 4.1.

Conversation 8.0 no longer runs, and Housecleaning 2.6 simply crashes the system. I've tried running Nagging 5.3 to fix these problems but to no avail.

[/quote]

Dear member

Sorry to hear of your problems, but we have got the solution fro you:

You could try the repair program Affair 101 and if that fails, there's the clean-up program Divorce 10.5.1 which usually takes care of all the above, whilst installing a very useful utility called Maintenance 1.48

Tech Support

From Teddy at Tech Support

The program Affair 101 is indeed available on the internet and you can specify which add-ons are required before installation.

The choice of add-ons include:

• EveningOut 3.2 (requires Administrative privileges)
  • TransportMode V8, which has the SportsCar 2.6 option, upgradable to V12
  • VoiceCalls 1.2 OR SilentCalls 0.5 (depending on the user 's communications set-up)
  • SteamyLetters 1.4 OR SteamyEmails 2.1 (the latter also includes a graphics option)
  • RichAndOld 1.2 (popular installation for younger members)
  • BitOfRough 6.4 (this includes the TallSlim&NiceBum which you mention above)
Please note that Affair 101 is in no way guaranteed to repair the earlier problems, but the program will help you either find a swift resolution or make the above-mentioned problems seem less irritating. If the program Husband 1.0 is an older installation, you can find it works alongside Affair 101 without any apparent conflict.

Amore recent installation could result in a duplication of the Affair 101 program.

I have developed the Affair 101 program myself. Do contact me directly if you need further information and I'll help in any way I can.

Teddy

Tech Support

Hey Ernie, do I detect an illegal move here by a milk monitor and a girlie? I think that the thread is being hi-jacked (haut-jacqued peut etra?) for use against the masters of this race of ours? [:'(] I would report it if it wasn't for the infiltration of an official person (I think that's PC?)

Are you going to let them get away with it. After all it is a man's place to be served by his wife [8-|]. Why else do we get married!!!

Plug and Play failure.

Having already upgraded my RAM and ,I tried to install Mistress 1.0, but failed,

if you try to run it without first uninstalling Wife 1.0, then Wife 1.0 will delete your MSMoney files before uninstalling itself.

Then Mistress 1.0 won't reinstall, due to insufficient resources.

If anybody out there is able to offer technical advice as I now have a much bigger hard drive but I've got nothing to connect it to!