latest on those pesky social contributions, please

mint

I know I shouldn't, but I'm getting a bit irritated by the lack of communication from our impots after I sent all the necessary stuff to them on Sept 21st. I emailed them after a couple of weeks to ask re progress, and they quickly told me that as with all 'réclamations contentieuses', the paperwork had been forwarded to a specific district department in Annecy. Almost 2 months later, nothing, the réclamation hasn't even appeared on my espace client on the impots.gouv.fr website. Should I be concerned? Should I fire off anther email? I did see somewhere that the authorities have up to 6 months to respond to a claim, but if they don't reply during that time nor ask for an extension of 3 months more, you are to presume that your claim has been rejected!! There is no obligation to inform you of that decision, nor, presumably, justify it. Only in France!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tis that delicate balance in France of wanting information without irritating the fonctonnaires concerned enough for them to put one's file at the bottom of their pile of work again.

I cannot suggest anything to you. Maybe give it until say the 1st of December now and send a polite email saying that your are surprised that you have heard nothing by now and is there any news?

Just a thought, have you tried calling???

[quote user="Daft Doctor"]I know I shouldn't, but I'm getting a bit irritated by the lack of communication from our impots after I sent all the necessary stuff to them on Sept 21st. I emailed them after a couple of weeks to ask re progress, and they quickly told me that as with all 'réclamations contentieuses', the paperwork had been forwarded to a specific district department in Annecy. Almost 2 months later, nothing, the réclamation hasn't even appeared on my espace client on the impots.gouv.fr website. Should I be concerned? Should I fire off anther email? I did see somewhere that the authorities have up to 6 months to respond to a claim, but if they don't reply during that time nor ask for an extension of 3 months more, you are to presume that your claim has been rejected!! There is no obligation to inform you of that decision, nor, presumably, justify it. Only in France![/quote]

Hi,

ANNECY?  If you have been following  "The Returned" on TV (shot in Annecy) you will now know that the tax office there is probably really staffed by the walking dead, unlike all the other tax offices which only seem to be!

Annecy is lovely and I change channels to get a glimse of the Annecy area on The Returned, although it is not all Annecy by any means, but other areas I know.

Why didn't they call it The Revenants, because it means the same in english as it did in the original french title?

Our letter from the appropriate office saying that we will get a refund (as I posted earlier) certainly took two months but that is normal for a reply from any functionary.

We have still not had the actual refund and there is no sign of anything about it on our online impôts file. We may email the named person who wrote the letter of agreement to us (email and direct telephone number were given) and ask whether we have to wait two months for the money as we have two months to appeal against his decision...

[quote user="Daft Doctor"]Yes, we watch that too, an excellent series. I believe that the dam scenes are shot at Tignes, but a lot of the rest is around Lake Annecy. All beautiful scenery.

I'll give the powers that be a few more days and contact them again at the end of next week if there's been no progress.[/quote]

Hi,

IMPORTANT DEVELOPMENT !

See these links;

Les non-résidents affiliés à la sécurité sociale étrangère ne paient plus de CSG – Impôt sur le revenu – Le Particulier  

and

Article

à mettre en ligne –

communique du_ministere des finances du 19 11 2015 prelevements sociaux dus sur les plus values immobilieres mobilieres et sur les cessions de biens meubles.pdf

This means that CSG will not be levied on capital gains on real estate and shares sold in 2015 .   So there is a window till 31/12/2015 to sell shares (or houses) and pay only the income tax , which is quite reasonable for shares held over 2 years.   This may not continue into

2016.  So I for one will be sorting out some UK investments to sell , and also making some charitable donations to reduce the income tax bill.

[quote user="Daft Doctor"]Yes, we watch that too, an excellent series. I believe that the dam scenes are shot at Tignes, but a lot of the rest is around Lake Annecy. All beautiful scenery.

I'll give the powers that be a few more days and contact them again at the end of next week if there's been no progress.[/quote]

Hi,

IMPORTANT DEVELOPMENT !

See these links;

Les non-résidents affiliés à la sécurité sociale étrangère ne paient plus de CSG

– Impôt sur le revenu – Le Particulier  

and

Article

à mettre en ligne –

communique_du_ministere_des_finances_du_19_11_2015 prelevements_sociaux_dus_sur_les_plus
values_immobilieres_mobilieres_et_sur_les_cessions_de_biens_meubles.pdf

This means that CSG will not be levied on capital gains on real

estate and shares sold in 2015 .   So there is a window till 31/12/2015 

to sell shares (or houses) and pay only the income tax , which is quite

reasonable for shares held over 2 years.   This may not continue into

2016.  So I for one will be sorting out some UK investments to sell ,

and also making some charitable donations to reduce the income tax bill.

Hi, I have had a hell of a job posting this -here goes another attempt-

Hi - I have the same letter. I contacted the named correspondant at the tax office (using the email address on top of the letter) and received an immediate response saying no they couldn't give me a date but that it had gone to the 'comptable' service for payment. So thats good.

BTW - the calculations shown include positive interest but a deduction (13.5% not 15.5%) for years 2012 &2013. 2014 however is being refunded fully (15.5%) - no interest tho..

isitlunchtime:  I posted earlier about the 2% that has been retained for the two earlier years.  It was for something separate and then merged for 2014 so they have to refund it that year.

Still no actual cash refunded although it is a while now since we were told it would be repaid.

A bit late to the party on this one, but would just like to say many thanks parsnips for flagging up the possibility of a rebate, and for posting a draught letter for us to adapt in reclaiming our social charges.

I collated all the relevant pieces of paper over the week-end and sent off our claim yesterday, nothing more to be done but wait for a response.

Once again many thanks parsnips.

• 2 weeks later...
I took my claim for the three years to my local tax office in September including the S1. The local office even accessed CPAM data to confirm that. A few days later they posted me an acknowledgement with three reference numbers and stated they were sending it to the departmental tax office.

Having not heard any more after twelve weeks, I e-mailed the departmental office last week with copies of my original claim letter and the acknowledgement letter from the local tax office.

Obviously nothing had been done as I have now received the following reply "J'accuse réception de votre réclamation (dont vous me joignez copie). Votre demande sera traitée prochainement. Le cas échéant, je ne manquerai pas de vous demander un complément d'information en vous contactant à cette adresse mail."

[quote user="pomme"]I took my claim for the three years to my local tax office in September including the S1. The local office even accessed CPAM data to confirm that. A few days later they posted me an acknowledgement with three reference numbers and stated they were sending it to the departmental tax office.

Having not heard any more after twelve weeks, I e-mailed the departmental office last week with copies of my original claim letter and the acknowledgement letter from the local tax office.

Obviously nothing had been done as I have now received the following reply "J'accuse réception de votre réclamation (dont vous me joignez copie). Votre demande sera traitée prochainement. Le cas échéant, je ne manquerai pas de vous demander un complément d'information en vous contactant à cette adresse mail."[/quote]

Hi,

In order to get a definitive answer about whether CSG would be taken on 2015 income , I phoned the enquiry line at Bercy , the tax headquarters.  I had a very interesting conversation with a helpful man there , who confirmed that no CSG would be taken on 2015 income, but also said that as far as was known , no decision had been taken on how this would be handled ; there may be a change to the declaration forms , or CSG may be taken and have to be reclaimed again.  He said they were operating "de jour en jour" .

It was apparent from what he said , and how he spoke, that as might be expected, the whole issue is probably being dealt with chaotically.

Just a couple of things.

Firstly, thanks Parsnips for the PM's.

I shall be posting into the FAQ's all the information gathered and in a single post to help others in the future. The majority of the information is of course Parsnips.

The ruling in the French courts is available in both French and English. I have a copy in both languages which needs to be scanned as it is only on paper at present. Quite willing to send copies via email to anyone interested once done although I suspect most already have them.

A retired English accountant who lives near me knows about this and has a client in the Correze who has gone through this doing much of what has been explained in this forum and has actually got a payout of a few grand in the form of a cheque. I doubled checked with the accountant as to the fact the person had defiantly received the payment so he phoned them whilst I was there to confirm it was correct. The accountants wife is a close friend of mine (no, not that way) through our mutual love of rugby (she is Welsh) and I can vouch for their honesty.

[quote user="woolybanana"]By the way, Quillan, have the Welsh changed that much, then?[/quote]

Only when they win the 6N, she become unbearable for a few weeks and does not change her Wales rugby shirt for the same period. We try and give her hints like standing next to her with a bottle of Frabrise. [;-)]

Had a long-winded letter today, requesting our S1s.  I hadn't sent those because I wrote before the need for the S1s was mentioned on the forum.  Yeah, I know............brain dead![:'(]

There is the name of someone from the préfecture who is in charge of our claim.  He has an email address, a telephone and a "télécopie" whatever that is.

[quote user="mint"]... and a "télécopie" whatever that is.

[/quote]

It's a fax (number).

Well done to all on getting this far with claiming a refund.

Hopefully OH and I will be able to claim a rebate in 2016 for this year ... we got our S1 starting in January this year.

Sue

Thanks, Sue, I guessed that that was a fax number as it looks like a phone number!  I was thrown by the "télé" and thought it was some sort of new computer related instantaneous and safe messaging system[:-))]

I mean to say FAX, it still exists in 2015[:D]?

A cheque for our refund arrived in the post this morning from the "higher ups" who processed the claim. Don't know why it was not paid directly into our bank account - details of which they have.

Ah - sending a cheque delays the date that they are debited...

So for us the saga is over, we shall wait and see what happens on the 2015 income.

So: to all those waiting, "bon courage" it does work!

Thanks as always to Parsnips who kept us informed all along.

Edit: the cheque is dated 7th December.

Congratulations and thanks to you all in the forum who helped. Angouleme have an official dealing with the Charente claims - including ours based on the letter which appeared here. One question - the cheque - wewas it payable to you as an individual or is it either Monsieur or madame/ I ask as we do not have a joint account. Amazing the optimism - claim not processed and I am already fretting about the cheque! And, given that Christmas is nigh i shall be "spending"it next! So, anyone out there have a go --I was told in our local, small taxoffice that proceeds from a house sale would still be charged , but i said I would claim anyway and lo! I think the latest is that proceeds from house sales do count. Thanks again.

Having only recently found this very friendly and informative forum I am somewhat embarrassed to ask for help , as I have contributed nothing, my apologies .

I would like to claim for social charges we have paid on a small amount of bank interest and also for the CSG we have paid on our small income from accommodation we let out for 3 months of the summer .

I have read all the posts at least 3 times and yes, I have made copies of our 121's, copies of our CPAM attestation, and copies of the Avis payments of each social charge ( stamped and signed paid) for the last 3 years. Is that sufficient or do I need to show copies of all bank statements that show income of gite and bank statements that show interest . Thank you in anticipation. I find the whole thing quite scary.

Cheque was payable to MR as tax return is, as it were, sent with him named first - no independent taxation here!!

Anna: I have replied to your private message. To confirm for anyone else who is unsure: No you do not need to sent copies of bank statements. We did not send CPAM attestation either, just copies of E121s (now S1).