Crepes

Frenchie

Sure - we do cook/eat pancakes!!! Any decent cookery department has them in a variety of sizes; try John Lewis (you might consider ordering over the phone or on the net and have it delivered to wherever you are staying in UK. I have never had a need for a special pan, I just use a good quality frying pan of whatever size suits my purpose at the time.

Pouyade

I m used to the crepière ...  because I find it easier " to toss them in the air " and fall back in the pan to cook the other side... [:)]

Thanks for the info, Ill try John Lewis .

PS : I have Breton origins, and Britanny is originally the region of the " crêpes" ..   My partner says I cook them like no one else .. ( but then he just says so maybe when he wants somethin from me !!   LOL)  

[quote user="Frenchie"]

I love the idea of heart shaped crêpes    ( pancakes are thicker)

Merci !!

[/quote]

Not necessarily.................... rather like  'pudding' in English, pancake has a wide variety of uses both generic and specific. Inclung thin, thin 'crepes' and thick 'drop scones'. All depends.

Pouyade

[quote user="Frenchie"]

I love the idea of heart shaped crêpes    ( pancakes are thicker)

Merci !!

[/quote]

Not necessarily.................... rather like  'pudding', in English, pancake has a wide variety of uses both generic and specific. Including thin, thin 'crepes' and thick 'drop scones'. All depends.

Pouyade

[quote user="Cat"]

Off topic but... Suzie, your new avatar is quite scary [:'(]  I can see (now) that it's a cropped photo of a horse, but there's something rather sinister about it at first glance.

[/quote]

It's been my avi on TF for some time now and you're the first to find it scary [8-)] It's my daughter's pony and she's not at all scary:

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g127/Lisleoise/Pony%20-%20Kallye%20des%20Sables%20/KallyDesSables002.jpg[/IMG]

Sorry for going off topic.

[quote user="Russethouse"]

You may need to bring the inverted T shaped implement for spreading the batter.........

Enjoyed a great crepe/gallette evening just a few weeks ago - in Brittany......

[/quote]

No , one of those window cleaners does just as good a job

[quote user="LEO"]I like pancakes , I love crumpets but , I think crepes are a waste of time , because they are way too thin , and without a decent filling  are tasteless![/quote]

I'm personnally not keen on pancakes, too thick for me ..   Crêpes can be very tasty, well mine are .. [:D] I add a spoonful of rhum or " fleur d oranger " or vanilla ..

In Britanny, we say the thinner they are, the better  .. 

With a " bolée de cidre" .. just perfect to me ...

My partner is English , he loves crêpes.. So I guess it s just a matter of taste.....

[quote user="Frenchie"]

Well, .. I don't think so...   [IMG]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r20/regine79/4_13_12v-1.gif[/IMG]

Je suis française, don't forget;....[:)]

[/quote]

sorry... it's just your english is sooo good it's easy to forget... [:$]

when you are in the UK you must try some hot toasted buttered crumpets... so so nice... not toasted too much, buttered immediately and eaten whilst still hot... with a nice mug of tea... [:D]

[quote user="Pink"]when you are in the UK you must try some hot toasted buttered crumpets... so so nice... not toasted too much, buttered immediately and eaten whilst still hot... with a nice mug of tea... [:D][/quote]

........... and a smear of honey on top.

I really used to love crumpets - the only problem was that anything you put on them drips out of the underside before and while you're eating them.  Messy.