Other Fora (Forums)

Kitty

[quote user="Cathy"]

I want to find an agricultural gate in the UK for the cheapest price possible.  I also need to search for other UK stuff.

Which UK Forum do you recommend posting on?

[/quote]

"Cheapest" is a difficult consideration as delivery of such an item might be quite high.  Thus supplier to client distance might affect the total cost.  Somebody "down the road" but more expensive might work out cheaper.

Ian

Good idea, Russet.  I hadn't thought of Freecycle.  I live in France, as you know, but my husband is in the UK a lot and so he can collect.

I suppose what I am looking for is a Forum a bit like this one but for the UK. I know that many posters on this Forum dislike UK questions.  So when I have a UK question, I can go onto that site.

Coops - I'm on the case.  The next question (not able to answered by you) is how to measure a field entrance when you live 1000 miles from it?

Russet - So you can talk about UK things on this part of the Forum.  That's good as sometimes, I do want to discuss non-French things.

[quote user="Cathy"]

Coops - I'm on the case.  The next question (not able to answered by you) is how to measure a field entrance when you live 1000 miles from it?

Russet - So you can talk about UK things on this part of the Forum.  That's good as sometimes, I do want to discuss non-French things.

[/quote]My instinct is always to make the entrance as wide as the widest vehicle you are likely to drive through it (bearing in mind that you might want to reverse a trailer through it and/or a combine, depending on the use of the land, so give yourself some lee-way)!  You can fence the gaps between any boundary fences and your gate posts - likewise, cut into fencing to accommodate the gate. Make the gateway fit your needs, not the reverse.