Sharon Osborne...Good role model???

Carolski

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="jon"]there is no game....I am currently waiting for someone to arrive at the house...then the receipe....will follow.[/quote]

I am with you there Jon.  You can't get fresher than that.  I shall try that in a minute as the postie usually arrives just about now.  I may come back to you to ask whether he should be braised or roasted.

Edited

I have had second thoughts about using fresh meat.  Shouldn't it be hung for a while?  Any suggestions for how long I should leave him to make sure he is well hung!

Ok....lets begin..Beef should be hung for many weeks...untill the flesh is a dark red/blackish coulour...but it has to be hung in the right place.

Sometimes when you buy meat it smells"sour" this is because it has come out of it criovaching and is begining ...it will taste sour.....if meat has been criovached it [a way of preserving hygenicly...but its awaful]will rot quickly...so if you see meat a greyish coulor do not buy it.

Brasing shank, skirt, ongolette[or you can fry] oxtail wonderful...

Sautee/fry rump, entrecote [faux] fillet.

Do not keep mince for more than a day.....

Ok lets get to the Duxelle.

2 large onions.....finely chopped [wash your knife carefully the taint of the onioun is so stronge.

4 cloves of garlic finely chopped..[.knife as abov]

Four firm Paris mushrooms....peel off outer coat and discard stalk...chop finely.

Bread made into crumbs[magi mix isgreat.....]not the cush  two med sized cups of this bread.

2 tablespoons of pre-cleaned chopped parpsely without stalks.

Additional but good....5 slices of  finely chopped bacon without rinde.

Teaspoon of fresh cleaned twigless time.

Salted butter 2oz approx....

Or for healthy people and vegans olive oil instead.

Swet onions untill transparent in the melted butter or oil...really really low light[not to burn oil or butter..then add garlic and herbs cook for 2/3 mins..  add the mushrrom..andbacaon...cook for 3/4 mins...slowly.Then add the bread crumbs and pepper to taste....salt may not be necessary due to the saltyness of the bacon...cook for 8 m ins very very slowly.....you may need a little more butter or oil......the stuffing should be moist.You can...if you like add some chopped, cleaned prune or apricots[no longer duxelle...and pre soak the fruit.....or pine kernals.

Hope you could follow this.

The Insurance broker did arrive....

Coming from a cow who named himself after Burt Weedon...thats cute.

I am for real...what you hear is what you get..When I had the restaurants etc....it was all rush..riush rush and have not got out of the habit..Yes twigs of thyme is less peotry in motion...spelling is  man    made......not  a natural product  

My receipes do usually work...they are foods which we made almost every day in the deli inChiswick....look us up...there is still a vague   memry of our   excistance...Fabouche[which was in Turnham Greeen Terrace

The restaurant was called Chinon and was in London W14 8BE

I prefer to cook than to spell....

On the menue for lunch...this sat[I have guests...otherwise lunch is really simple..a  piece of fruit  and a serrano ham samwhich]

Will prepare a dessert of.....The marriage of Affole Brose to William Pear.

or a Rose and raspberry bavois.....

Maybe before that we will have fish cakes.I am looking forward to begining the cookery courses here.

[quote user="jon"]

On the menue for lunch...this sat[I have guests...otherwise lunch is really simple..a  piece of fruit  and a serrano ham samwhich]

Will prepare a dessert of.....The marriage of Affole Brose to William Pear.

or a Rose and raspberry bavois.....

Maybe before that we will have fish cakes.I am looking forward to begining the cookery courses here.[/quote]

Perfecto 

Jaqui  as you are so close by [when you are here in France]you could pop in and have a look at the kitchen etc]although not going to be ready for several monthsTrying to think of a suitable name for the house....a name which is relevant....we are amongst the vines and have a very peaceful garden.Any ideas...anyone...without the usual folly.....is that possable....