Sharon Osborne...Good role model???

Carolski

TV does to some extent glorify this type of behaviour...............I find it quite hilarious and remember several memorable moments on UK TV. Anyone remember Oliver Reed on a chat show............totally blotto and falling over the armchair and getting really angry with the other 'chatters'.[blink] Or Jimmy Greaves, presenting I think , a football programme, drunk as a newt.[geek].................and another time Georgie Best...............but I can't remember the context[+o(]

It's just entertainment..............I find the Gainsbourg thing very entertaining[:D]

actually just found an 'Oliver Reed moment' LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZMXIxIQmPw

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the Ollie Read clip really sad.  Yes, I can laugh a people being drunk on television and, I think it sends the right messages to my kids who cringe at this sort of behaviour.  However, producers were known for getting Ollie, who suffered from alcoholism drunk in his dressing room purely for the entertainment factor and, for that reason, I consider them a disgrace.

[quote user="Gluestick"]

... a DVD of the gorgeous, stunningly attractive Jade Goody teaching viewers Sarf Lunnon culture on Big Bruvver....................................................

[/quote]

Thanks Gluey, I hadn't realised that there are 2 Jade Goodys.

I saw a few bits of the Brit awards - Kaiser Chiefs of whom I am a great fan, Sir Paul McMeanness closing the show - his version of Live and Let Die sounded somewhat off but I have never pretended to have a musical ear - and of course the bionic Sharon who lowers the tone of any occasion.

John - who firmly believes that good music died when they allowed girlies into Fleetwood Mac

[quote user="Just Katie"]

I found the Ollie Read clip really sad.  Yes, I can laugh a people being drunk on television and, I think it sends the right messages to my kids who cringe at this sort of behaviour.  However, producers were known for getting Ollie, who suffered from alcoholism drunk in his dressing room purely for the entertainment factor and, for that reason, I consider them a disgrace.

[/quote]

Quite agree JK.

My best mate at grammar school was studying at Joan Greenwood's Method School with Ollie and John (Great Escape) Leyton.

My chum always said what a great and nice guy Ollie was: despite his rep. They were in a couple of movies together.

WE STARTED WATCHING THE PROGRAMME BUT SWITCHED IT OFF EARLY.  HOW THE OSBORNES CAN BE IN THE LIMELIGHT IS A MYSTERY TO US....HE HAS BEEN A  DRUNKEN, DRUG TAKING WIFE BEATER, SHE IS A FOUL MOUTHED, UTTERLY FALSE WOMAN AND THEIR CHILDREN NEED TO FIND THEIR OWN WAY IN LIFE INSTEAD OF RIDING ON THEIR EXTREMELY RICH PARENTS BACKS.  THEY LOOKED LIKE THE MUNTERS ON THE STAGE AND TOTALLY RUINED IT FOR US.  WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO WARRANT SO MUCH MEDIA ATTENTION ALL OF A SUDDEN AS ONE OR ANOTHER OF THEM ARE ALWAYS PRESENTING THIS OR THAT.  THE ONLY NORMAL ONE IN THAT FAMILY IS THE VERY PRETTY ELDEST DAUGHTER WHO KEEPS HERSELF TO HERSELF AND IS RARELY IN THE LIMELIGHT BUT THEN WITH A FAMILY LIKE THEM I THINK I WOULD KEEP A LOW PROFILE AS WELL

[quote user="LEO"]

The majority of male members of the forum  are not attracted to women like - mrs s osborne - who has  very little talent ,or class.

But lots of money !

We would much rather, look and listen to someone like "Madame Russethouse!"

If my husband said something like that I'd call him a creep[;-)]

[/quote]

I think Sharon Osborne was bought up by a tough father, a pop music mogul of his day. When they fell out he set his dogs on her -she was pregnant at the time and lost the baby. She has stuck with a marriage that has by her own admission certainly plumbed the depths and further more has survived bowel cancer, against all the odds. I happen to think that from what I have seen recently, for all their past trials and tribulations that Jack and Kelly seem to be on the way to being decent human beings.

She speaks her mind when she would probably be better not to and certainly lets her emotions rule her when the occasion would demand more control, but no one is perfect.

I'm no fan , she has done some very odd things, but I don't like to see blanket condemnation with nothing to balance it.

[quote user="LEO"]

The majority of male members of the forum  are not attracted to women like - mrs s osborne - who has  very little talent ,or class.

We would much rather, look and listen to someone like "Madame Russethouse!"

[/quote]

Speak for yourself Leo!

I think Sharon is very attractive, extremely sexy and acres of fun[:)] I love how she says it like it is, the girl has spunk by the lorry load! I don't think she will worrying herself tonight about the remarks made about her on this forum[:)]

BTW Carolski, who was your role model and who do you see as a  role model for your children? Lady Penelope off Thunderbirds was the only high profile role model to have any influence on meself when I was growing up in Kildare.

[quote user="LEO"]

...my comment was serious and not in any way patronising .I was giving you a commendation!

[/quote]

LEO, remember the first rule of holes?

[quote user="FurryKnickers "]...Speak for yourself Leo!...[/quote]

Yay!

I would definitely call Gays' husband a creep if he said something like that!

[quote user="LEO"]

Hi furry ,are there many girls in Kildare with cosmetic surgery !

[/quote]

I courted a girl that had a surgical rubberised enhanced cosmetic ear made from recycled inner tubes, I think I have mentioned her here before you came into the forum. It went terribly wrong[:(]

Evening rabbit features[:D]

[quote user="Tresco"] I can't re-live that Fire in the Rubber Toy Factory again. Please feel free to tell the sad tale though...[:-))]
[/quote]

It's not that incident, you poor bewildered owl thing! It was the time that they made all the ears and toes in Naas hospital from the vulcanised rubber inner tubes by mistake, and all the ears went pointed after being fitted to the innocent patients and they had to fold them over and secure them with clothes pegs. I was talking to one of the doctors that performed many of those procedures back in the 70's. She is a Russian girl, Dr Ivana Flipitova. Her accent is just so sexy but she looks like a bull dog. I wonder if cosmetic surgeons can perform surgery on themselves?

[quote user="FurryKnickers "]

[quote user="Tresco"] ...[:-))]
[/quote]

She is a Russian girl, Dr Ivana Flipitova. Her accent is just so sexy but she looks like a bull dog. I wonder if cosmetic surgeons can perform surgery on themselves? [/quote]

Not under anaesthetic as they would be asleep, Furry.  The results could be fun though. 

Is Dr Ivana any relation to the Dr Vladimir Flipitova, the much loved singer-songwriter? Perhaps Forum members can recall the titles of some of his songs?  (Maybe Sharon O would be interested too.)

Fleetwood Mac was Peter Green, John McVie, Mick Fleetwood, Danny Kirwin.

Not sure what the other team was......[.should they have been allowed to keep the name]....but Kristine Perfect was John McVies wife.The true Fleetwood Mac sibblings of John Mayal father of the British blues.There was Free...Chicken Shack...Ten years After...and

[quote user="jon"]who did you play your 60s blues music with Mr Glue stick?[/quote]

Just for personal satisfaction these days, jon.

A few years back I used to play regularly with a group of ex-players which were called the BBA, Boy's BS Association!

As with so many of us, I'm hoping that when I do finally get to la belle France full time, I can spend much more time playing!

[:D]

[quote user="jon"]

Fleetwood Mac was Peter Green, John McVie, Mick Fleetwood, Danny Kirwin.

Not sure what the other team was......[.should they have been allowed to keep the name]....but Kristine Perfect was John McVies wife.The true Fleetwood Mac sibblings of John Mayal father of the British blues.There was Free...Chicken Shack...Ten years After...and

[/quote]

The original band was called Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, then PG in his usual shy and introverted way, didn't like all the attention given him, and partly as a joke, knocked the Peter Green part of the name off. When Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer and Danny Kirwin left, the group later had massive success, but as a pop group not as a blues group.

[IMG]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q223/sheeponabike/Maclivebbc.jpg[/IMG]