Am I alone with this pain?

Bugsy

This has been discussed on another forum and a lot of people on there recommend diluted cider apple vinegar and honey  (1 desert spoon of honey and three desert spoons of cider vinegar, (organic), to 1 litre of filtered water. You could put more honey if you wished but its added sugar).   Drink glasses of this throughout the day.

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/beauty/article739362.ece

[quote user="Chris Head"]Look on the bright side Gary, if you were a horse you'd probably have been shot by now![:D][/quote]

or he might've got lucky and be put out to stud [:D]

It's funny how you get good days and bad days with Arthur Riteus.  I get it in my ankle (as a result of a break that didn't heal right) and mostly it's manageable but some days - OUCH! Glucoseamine and cod liver oil work for me but I think I'll have a go at the vinegar/honey thing too, can't hurt can it?

Gary:

An old mate of mine used to train in a gym in London where another member was Dave Prowse (Darth Vador and Green Cross Code Man and top trainer/body). In his 40s, Prowse was hit by severe arthritis.

His solution, taking fresh orange juice (squeezed) and cod liver oil mixed every morning.

I also saw an elderly lady who used to be a well known TV personality, Marguerite Patton on the TV one day: she swore by the same remedy. She has also developed a diet approach. On TV she was turning cartwheels!

http://www.positivehealth.com/Reviews/books/patten70.htm

For pain relief, acupuncture is far better than anti-inflamatories and analgesics which all carry considerable negative impacts.

Being a cynic (no one would have guessed!),  I am also a sceptic and some years ago was suffering a frozen shoulder and the beginnings of arthritis in various joints, thanks to over-use. A friend introduced me to her acupuncturist and alternative practitioner.

On my second treatment I asked how the practitioner knew when the treatment was over (she left me on the couch and kept popping back to check on progress). "I can tell by the needles." she said. I asked what she meant. "Oh, when "You're done", the needles come out easily: I've had cases where the body even "Spits" them out!"

Oh yeah, I was thinking, fat chance! Good sale patter!

Perhaps ten minutes later she came back and gently removed the needles from my right hand, which came away quite easily: but when she tried on my left hand they behaved as if they had become barbed fish hooks! I tried too: same thing! Not imagination.

Ten minutes after that the same needles simply slid out!

All I can say is that acupuncture, in the right hands, is very, very effective and far better than keep on taking pain killers.

I so hope you can soon regain some painfree days: It's damned miserable, I know.

Gary.......I guy I know who suffers with painful joints has for lunch every day a tin of mackeral  fillets between two slices of bread ...has done this for years and says its been a great help to him...I have taken to doing it as well (though not every day ) ...Lidl do quite a selection of fillets in those little flat  tins in various sauces .... The red wine and brandy being a possible cause makes sense...red  also wine makes me wheeze in the morning if I have perhaps enjoyed more than I should have ....  

Maybe well known to you already but THIS site has some excellent info and also some free downloadable booklets dealing with various aspects of arthritis.

I'm starting to suffer with it in one knee and it's no fun at all when I have to go up and down 6 flights of stairs several times a day at work offshore [:'(]

[quote user="ErnieY"]Maybe well known to you already but THIS site has some excellent info and also some free downloadable booklets dealing with various aspects of arthritis.

I'm starting to suffer with it in one knee and it's no fun at all when I have to go up and down 6 flights of stairs several times a day at work offshore [:'(]

[/quote]

Keep taking the MSM Ernie  [:)]