So was Henri Paul the…

Deimos

What a silly verdict! To find that she was 'unlawfully killed' is to suggest that someone intended to kill her, as opposed to her merely dying in a banal traffic accident. If Henri Paul hadn't been ordered to drive when he was off duty and had had a drink or two, things might have been different. And now the media in the UK are bleating on about who 'might be charged with manslaughter'. Why not charge Mohammed al Fayed - he gave the order? And what about Diana's reckless failure to use her seatbelt? If she had put it on she would probably have survived. The simple answer is - nobody will be charged with anything. The accident happened on French soil and has been dealt with under French law. The English courts can do nothing. The papparazzi have been examined, but not charged - and they never will be, because there is no evidence of criminal activity. Now, can we all just shut up about it and move on?

M

Al Fayed lost his son, my own opinion is that he feels guilty Henri Paul was his employee, he sanctioned the change of route against the wishes of the bodyguards he employed.

As for the safety belt issue, I think I am right in saying that it was common for people under protection not to wear them, to allow for speedy entry and exit of the car?

If I lost my child I'd want to know I had done everything possible to find out what had happened etc - would any of you feel differently ?

[quote user="Russethouse"]

If I lost my child I'd want to know I had done everything possible to find out what had happened etc - would any of you feel differently ?

[/quote]

I had the impression from the reports that Mr Al Fayed was

not so much interested in finding out what happened but rather he had decided

what happened and wanted the guilty parties (HRH and security services) found

guilty.  I had the impression there was

little enquiry on his part but rather trying to prove what he had concluded

without evidence.

But then maybe the papers presented his actions in an unfair

light ?

Ian

Perhaps it would be better to say 'what and why'

Frankly I hold no brief for Mr Al Fayed, but I think we can all spare a little human understanding and hope he can begin to move on now, and let Diana's children do the same.

The driver was drunk and exceeding the speed limit, the 2 passengers chose not to wear seatbelts but all this was known a loooong time ago. I don't see that anything has been achieved in holding this inquest 10 years after the event - other than wasting a vast of amount of taxpayers money.

People are dead, not lost, but Al Fayed and the conspiracy theorists won't allow the subject to go away, just remember JFK.

John