Régularisation de précédentes factures d'électricité

NormanH

I have just received this bill which is in fact a retroactive rise in prices for a period 2014-2015.

I had heard it discussed before, but it seemed to have gone quiet, so I thought it might be one of those measures that are quietly dropped.

Alas it has now reared its ugly head and I have the bill to pay.

Has anyone else had the same?

I had mine over a year ago, maybe two years but seem to recall that they would be coming back for more for later years.

So I changed suppliers [:D]

Probably wont stop me from getting another bill though, wonder if they will cut me off if I dont pay?

I had changed supplier by the time they had the last catch up. Edf simply sent me their bill with a demand for payment by cheque, whereas they had previously collected by DD

Incidentally the due day was the day before the bill arrived,

The previous government tried to stop EDF raising its charges a few years ago but couldn't so they agreed to their reducing their charges but recovering them later.

Same with the motorway charges which were held down, but in return for an extension of their contracts which were too watertight to be broken in any other way.

With EDF, Hollande was shooting himself in the foot as the govt is a major shareholder and in need of money, so holding down charges meant less dividend for the common purse.