Equitable Life victim ?

Mpprh

By  email :

Did you lose out with Equitable Life?

Readers living in Europe who lost a chunk of their pension benefits due to the collapse of Equitable Life in 2000 are being asked to contact a European coordinator based in France.

The Equitable Members Action Group (EMAG) has been lobbying for compensation for several years and a European branch, EMAG Europe has now been set up. On the 17th July 2008 the government’s ombudsman Ann Abraham released a long delayed report which was damning in the extreme about the UK government and recommending that compensation to be awarded and a compensation scheme to be set up immediately. This will mean the government paying up to four billions pounds that policyholders lost through negligence by the regulators who should have kept better control of Equitable Life.

Graham Richards who lives in Nerac, South of France a retired former independent consultant to various investment banks can be contacted to advise other European based policyholders what they can do. “Like a lot of other professional men and women I took out a pension with Equitable Life. I was 60 years of age in June and calculate I have lost at least half of what I was told I was originally entitled to and probably up to two thirds.” “This has caused a lot of worry and distress. Why is it that the government discriminates between bailing out Northern Rock and not Equitable Life?”

Anybody living across Europe wishing to contact Graham should call: -

00 33 (0) 553 65 51 72

[email protected]

www.emageurope.org (currently under construction)

www.emag.org.uk
(for reference)

Thanks for posting.  My OH was with Equitable and we calculated that he lost a third of his pension at least.

It made us very angry but we felt that at least we did get out before the really punishing get-out clauses were put in place.  Also, we wanted to forget about it and get on with life.

Have made a note of the contacts.