Chris Head

Meg

Chris has now gone back to the psychiatric hospital for another wee holiday. (Anyone remembering the alcohol thread about a year ago will know.)

He has requested some brit books to read. If anyone has the odd spare one they could send him he'd be very grateful. PM me if you want the address.

Cheers.

Sorry to be slightly off topic, but....

As a regular lurker on this forum I have oft followed Chris Heads threads...Marvelled at his skills with a "sharp" chainsaw to the point that I've made a note of contact details for possible future sculptures...I clearly missed the last years thread on "alcohol"...Do I  take it that Chris from time to time needs a little "away" time ?  I ceased reading after the trauma of 1977 English A levels (aside from the Stephen Clarke "Merde" series of books.So can not offer my literary collection for perusal...But wish the chap well for me....Where in France does he hail from ?

ps...Sorry for the overuse of "..."

Regards..Stuart Park

I've PM'ed you Louise. 

I don't know why but I was okay with discussing his drink problem on the open forum but this matter seems way too personal to be posted on the open forum.  However I know Chris and I know that he is cool with people knowing about his weaknesses - that's what is downfall is I think.  Not enough armour. 

I know this wasn't your idea by the way Lou - please don't take it personally[kiss] 

I don't very often post but come on to the Forum most days to read what everyone is up to and was pleased to see Chris posting again the other day. So sorry to hear he fell off the wagon but at least he has the sense to know when he needs help, I wish him well and hope to see him back here soon.

Do you know what sort of books he is looking for.  I have about 1000 up in the attic so am sure I could find something for him.

Very saddened to hear that Chris has gone back to hospital but it does explain why he hasn't replied to a PM I sent him a couple of days ago. Clearly he has fallen further than we realised and if anybody does happen to visit him please pass on my best wishes and tell him that my offer is still open.

Thankyou for the messages, both here and privately. I don't have the slightest problem with it being public, it's not a stigma, any more so than poor Coops condition is. Meeting two people in there got me out asap, one was a patient who had managed two months out of the hospital, and had finally just given up, lost his good job and everything else, and the other a member of staff who is twice my size...I thought at one point he was going to floor me, not very professional but he got his message across.

Chris, I was going to reply to your message and my phone rang and it was a friend from the UK so we got to talking and so here I am at last!

How's you feeling?   Are you OK to be let out without your nurse?  Sorry, joke in bad taste but I know you'd be the first to laugh at yourself.

Well, don't let the b******s grind you down, as they say!

You just keep on improving and working on your projects and getting to feel well and in control and you keep posting on here so's we know how things are with you!  Okey-dok?

Love & best wishes

[:D][kiss]

Hi Chris - good to hear from you again. It's a bumpy old road as you're finding out.

Are there any support groups around your way? You need the discipline of something like that to give yourself the best chance of hanging on. 

Best wishes - Pat.

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Good you are back. And good that you don't mind discussion - it opens minds.

Saw some dodgy work with a chainsaw I'll tell you about some time...

[/quote]

I thought my rustic "rose walk" was okay.

Take no notice, Chris.  He has no idea. 

PS I've got a load of firewood needs cutting.

Don't show the work Dick, it might be mine! Yeah discussion is good and stretching limitations & boundaries can only help, whatever the subject.

Good to hear your finger Cass, I'd had you pegged for pushing the daisies up by now! I thought of you when I saw a face carved into a granite wall a few weeks back, you still doing them? If you were anywhere near I'd set one of me wee beasties onto your firewood heap Cass.