Wheres the Justice.................................

Bugsy

As well as the link to the general petition for the Gurkhas, if you go to http://www.vchero.co.uk/ you can  read a bit more and also email words of support to: [email protected] . All your emails will be put before the Immigration Judge considering Mr Pun VC's appeal.  

On a less dramatic note but in the context of ludicrous decisions you may want to read this

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1008/1008085_firemen_sleeping_in_wrong_place.html

The office of HM Queen Elizabeth II can be contacted by email here.

I have just sent the following:

Maam,

may I bring to your attention the plight of Tul Bahadur Pun VC who has been refused entry into this country.

I respectfully beg that you use your good offices to enable this brave man who has served this country so well to be allowed to enter the United Kingdom.

I remain,

your obedient servant,

It could make a debate I agree Chief, but I think we are all in agreement about how shabbily they have been treated and sometimes actions speak louder than words.[:)][:)]

and I hate to say this again, but oh look it's back at the top[:$][Www]

I'm having a really thick day today (what's new?)

I went to sign the petition and it says that to do so you must be a British Citizen (I am) OR resident (I am not) to sign.  It then wants a UK Postcode or overseas territory, niether of which I can give.  How do you ex-pats living in LBF do it?

Pierre,

If you look closely you can see an "expatriate" box, you put your present address ( In my case its my address in Sharjah) then select the "expat" box. I know it works because I have then received the subsequent e mail to confirm my signing the petition. Its also in the past allowed me to register a petition as well.

Chief,

Its just one of many forms of protest / action in respect of the treatment of Gurkas in general and Mr Pun in particular. As an example, when I checked an "alternative" army forum this morning there were 88 pages of comments from some very angry and upset member of the Military (and ex forces people).

A request for a petition specifically related to the case of Mr Pun was rejected by the Govt.

All newspapers in UK and news media organisations have been contacted and there has been a massive amount of public support on phone-ins etc.

Hopefully, when the appeal is heard in August it will be decided in favour of Mr Pun, if, of course, he survives that long.

[quote user="RumziGal"]

Gurkha Museum in Winchester, one of my favourite museums ever, small though it is.  All the information you could ever want about them.  They fought in the trenches in WW1, and yes, they fought in the Falklands.  They deserve much better treatment.

http://www.thegurkhamuseum.co.uk/

[/quote]

The same museum displays the VC of Mr Pun, and have refused to let him have it back. It was not donated, just lodged with them. He wants the chance to hold it and wear it once more before he dies.

[quote user="powerdesal"]Victory.

The Govt just caved in. [/quote]

This was what the petition said;

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to immediately and retrospectively give all Gurkha servicemen and their immediate families past and present british citizenship (My bold).

Will there be continued efforts on behalf of all those other people?

[quote user="Tresco"]

[quote user="powerdesal"]Victory.

The Govt just caved in. [/quote]

This was what the petition said;

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to immediately and retrospectively give all Gurkha servicemen and their immediate families past and present british citizenship (My bold).

Will there be continued efforts on behalf of all those other people?

[/quote]

From the various comments posted on another site I am confident that the efforts will continue. Public support is obviously needed.

I would like to see this Gurkha treated justly, indeed, I would like to see everybody treated justly. I am also pleasantly surprised to see the Daily Mail campaigning for more immigration, even if it's just one deserving Gurkha. What next? Mr Paul Dacre joining the next Gay Lib March, or saying something positive about state schools?

• 1 year later...
I wonder if this good news will be the headline on TV tonight (I have missed the news, will have to wait till 10:00 tonight) or will it be pushed in to the background by the current money problems. It would be really nice to see some good news at the top of the agenda but then it don't sell papers do it [:(] .