Belgium?

Jonzjob

This response seems to show an inability to even want to get to grips with understanding the very real problems of Belgium. Just note that it is the 'protection' of Europe which is allowing the two (or three if your wish) camps to achieve a degree of independence in the long run, as with Wales, Scotland, Catalonia, Brittany........  . And we could of course start with the Romans.

Belgian plates may still be red on white, but the letters and numbers have got a lot bigger in the last couple of years - amazing what the demands of a Gatso camera can do to a nation's ideas!

When I was at school we were left in no doubt that nationalism was the strongest force in modern history. Now, yes, I know, that was more than 40 years ago, but nothing's changed. Look at the horrendous effect of freeing Jugoslavia from Communism - generations of pent-up hatred among neighbouring regions spilt an awful lot of blood.

A little closer to home, the Irish Problem has been a thorn in the side of many Westminster politicians - all self-inflicted by our forefathers' need to impose their idea of a religion. How many lives were lost as a result? Long before Wales had an Assembly, it had gained a legal requirement for all signs and legal documents to be in an obscure and little-used language - always to precede English. How much has that cost, I wonder? Did it offset that old chestnut "Come home to a real fire - buy a holiday cottage in Wales!"?

Frankly, totting up that lot in our own backyard makes Belgium's little ongoing problem look rather minor, wouldn't you say?

[quote user="LyndaandRichard"]The whole world is run by clowns.

It always has been.

And it always will be.

Richard.
[/quote]

And what have you got against clowns ? [:P]

[IMG]http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z172/redlisalooney/MISC/clown.gif[/IMG]