Will it be McCain or Obama ?

Russethouse

Whoever it is I only hope its by a good margin as if there is any nonsense like when Bush got in with holes in voting machine cards not punched through with re counts  and lawyers .....well....I would not want my car left in the street or want to be there myself    In  some towns the Natiional Guard  could find itself turned out I suspect with this election ......If Obama does not win . then a lot of people are going to be very upset indeed and I think will show just how much. as they have put a lot of their money in the pot for him ..and expect to see him in the White House . Am I the only one with an uneasy feeling about this election ?

[quote user="Frederick"]  

............................... Am I the only one with an uneasy feeling about this election ?

[/quote]

His victory looks inevitable but my unease is that there are a huge group of 'mercuns who openly state that they will never allow a black man to be president of the united states. He will need to be well guarded if he is to survive IMHO.

I think the race factor will be more than overcome by the fact that Obama has attracted a turnout of ethnic minorities and young voters in unprecendented numbers.

I have to admire McCain - he's done remarkably well fighting on a Republican ticket after one of the worst Republican presidents in history.  But his chips are too greasy and he will lose.

[quote user="Frederick"]  
   Whoever it is I only hope its by a good margin as if there is any nonsense like when Bush got in with holes in voting machine cards not punched through with re counts  and lawyers .....well....I would not want my car left in the street or want to be there myself    In  some towns the Natiional Guard  could find itself turned out I suspect with this election ......If Obama does not win . then a lot of people are going to be very upset indeed and I think will show just how much. as they have put a lot of their money in the pot for him ..and expect to see him in the White House . Am I the only one with an uneasy feeling about this election ?
[/quote]

My fear is that with a record breaking turn, out if election officers close the polls on time and deny some people the opportunity to vote, there could be riots.

I agree with Sweets &  my OH also believes that Obama will be in danger of assassination if he wins.  The number of guns there must be enormous.  And, loads of nutcases too - often armed.

Both of us believe that an Obama win will divide the US,  especially if he does follow his re-distribution of wealth proposal.   Perhaps a more radical   re-distribution that has ever happened before in the US.

China is said to take over as wealthiest country in the next  few decades or so - will this increase the speed of China's rise ?

Somehow,  I would rather that did not happen...

Regards

Tegwini

[quote user="Russethouse"]

[quote user="Frederick"]  

[/quote]

My fear is that with a record breaking turn, out if election officers close the polls on time and deny some people the opportunity to vote, there could be riots.

[/quote]

Apparently over 29 million people (including most of the Americans I know) have already availed themselves of the choice to vote early. Also, according to the BBC news24 coverage earlier, many polling stations, busy at opening time, have now slowed down to a manageable trickle. Looks like anyone who hasn't got around to voting by the time they close at 8pm either wasn't going to vote anyway, or has only themselves to blame.