Some good news - Shannon found !

Russethouse

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/7296756.stm

I guess now the truth about this will come out, but one thing I admired about this family was the way they refused to be drawn into comparisons with the way the media treated Madeleine McCann and the way they were treated.

Lets hope Shannon gets help to recover from this and is back to as normal a childhood as possible, quickly.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[West Yorkshire Police said that a 39-year-old man was arrested at the address on suspicion of abduction. He has not been identified, although there was speculation that he is one of Shannon's relatives. ]

Sounds very much like it probably could be her real dad then.  In which case not good news for Shannon.

Georgina

[quote user="Georgina"]

[West Yorkshire Police said that a 39-year-old man was arrested at the address on suspicion of abduction. He has not been identified, although there was speculation that he is one of Shannon's relatives. ]

Sounds very much like it probably could be her real dad then.  In which case not good news for Shannon.

Georgina

[/quote]

On the BBC website it states that Shannon's father Leon Rose said he was "over the moon".

"They just told me she was alive and she was well, and that's all I know at the moment, but that's good enough for the moment for me because I'm just over the moon at the minute," he said. "Believe it or not, where she's been found, I'd actually been in that area a number of times and probably just walked straight past the house that she was in."

Why did you jump to the conclusion that it was her father?

the man was not her father, he was a friend of the step father who was on the fringes of their friends and family network, but its good news shes been found alive, when i first watched the news it said "shes been found" and i was wondering why it didnt say dead or alive, i was expecting dead given 3 weeks missing, but 5 minutes later it said she was found alive and i was suprised and thought she is lucky, and well done to the police for not ignoring the no answer at the door means everything is fine

I suppose that she is covered by an emergency order so that she is not paraded in front of the television cameras before police have had the chance to talk to her properly and find what has been going on. They will also need to be careful what is said for fear of destroying any case against the offender(s). If the answer to her disappearance does lies within the family then it makes sense not to let her go back to them until they know what has been going on.

It is all very intrigueing.

The man is said to be a relative of her stepfather's.

Hoddy

I think there was some reason why she did not want to go back home when she possibly could have.  We will have to wait and see. Watch this space.  We are all assuming that this man took her, but it could be he was just hiding her as she did not want to go home. The media sells more papers by making it look like an abduction.

Georgina 

[quote user="Georgina"]

I think there was some reason why she did not want to go back home when she possibly could have.  We will have to wait and see. Watch this space.  We are all assuming that this man took her, but it could be he was just hiding her as she did not want to go home. The media sells more papers by making it look like an abduction.

Georgina 

[/quote]

Absolutely correct, Georgina.

Otherwise, it's all hypothesis and pure supposition.

Which did not prevent the writer in the webref earlier provided for the Giduron, reaching the sorts of conclusions that someone who has also written for the Marxist Daily might reach!

[quote user="Puzzled"]

At nine years of age, even if she did want to go home for whatever reason, her parents should not have been put that.

IF Shannon had voiced concerns to a relative, then he should have gone through the proper channels,by not doing so it is right that he was arrested for questioning.

[/quote]

Not everyone from Dewsbury is blessed with this reasoning power.  Believe me I know. He may have thought he was protecting her.  He could indeed, have been her last step dad and had a good relationship with her?   But that is just a guess (not to be confused with any direct knowledge). Did you see the current step dad, who looked about 12.

Georgina

• 2 weeks later...