British citizenship

velcorin

My wife has been thinking about applying for British citizenship for a few years, last night she threw all her teddies out the pram while have one of her soap box moments regarding her fellow countrymen. She definitely is going to do it.

She's French. Married to a British citizen. Married in France. Currently we live in France. I don't think she can, but anyone got any links to GB Government websites? I can't find any, and I've run out of lunch break. I'm dead if I return home tonight with nothing.

Pretty please.

[quote user="velcorin"]

...  last night she threw all her teddies out the pram while have one of her soap box moments regarding her fellow countrymen. [/quote]

Do I get the impression she wants to cut off her ties from France? By becoming a British citizen she will not relinquish her French citizenship ... she may need twice as many teddies.

Many thanks for the link, it was exactly for what I was looking.

Re her mental state and predisposition to toy throwing. I do have some sympathy for my dearly bewildered. We lived in the UK for 5 years, as well as other European countries, and she is a very well educated woman, so when she watches the news or interviews now she can compare her countrymen/women's attitudes and preconceptions with other countries. It tends to tip her over the edge. So, she has simply decided she likes the British the most.

Anyway, tin 'at on, she ain't going to be 'appy. She definitely doesn't qualify. Now I'VE got to tell her. First remove all sharp objects from her reach.