UK to start printing money?

NormanH

[quote user="NormanH"]According to this article  in the Financial Times once UK rates fall close to zero, the UK authority’s only option to

provide a monetary stimulus is to pump money into the financial system.

Haven't we seen the effects of that elsewhere before?[/quote]

Yes indeed.  Wilson and Macmillan.  But I thought from your comments elsewhere that you rather approved of the tactics of Old Labour.

It seems the Western World's Financial system has managed to bypass printing money by magicking money from cyber space for the last 25 years. A 'shadow banking system' helped hide the con,  then the clever bankers embarked on what was  effectively a complex pyramid selling scheme with the dosh they had magicked from their keyboards. Now the pyramid has collapsed and no one has clue how far up the creek without a paddle we really are. I wouldn't be surprised if money presses are  running redhot at this very moment to make the financial systems magicked money real.

We are living in interesting times.

I think oil futures are the place to be, it simply cannot and will not stay where it is and within the industry, and don't forget that I work in it at the 'coal face' so to speak, in the the medium term of 2-5 years $70-90 is reckoned to be an achievable and sustainable price.

Gold of course has the advantage that you can physically possess it, black gold is a tad more nebulous [:D]

[quote user="ErnieY"]I think oil futures are the place to be, it simply cannot and will not stay where it is and within the industry, and don't forget that I work in it at the 'coal face' so to speak, in the the medium term of 2-5 years $70-90 is reckoned to be an achievable and sustainable price.

Gold of course has the advantage that you can physically possess it, black gold is a tad more nebulous [:D]

[/quote]

Don't some of those contracts still offer physical delivery? Forget about a handful of gasoil longs (as did one of my more intellectually challenged former collegues, who also seemed to have a bit of a blind spot with messages marked "urgent") and you could find your heating oil problem solved for life.

I could not with an easy conscience reccomend anyone attempt to trade oil, except with someone elses money. Betting on the nags is a more sober investment by far.