Is it leave a shovel by the back door time ?

Frederick

The forcasters say the next couple of weeks could show some really low temperatures with some snow on the way.... the worst for many years I remember 1962/63 Winchester by-pass was blocked and Poole harbour froze over ..As for global warming it appears the arctic ice is now getting thicker again . A real winter might be on its way do you think ?

If you want a good short very easy read on global warming, have a look at Nigel Lawson's 'An appeal to reason: A cool look at global warming' It strips away the fears and misunderstandings on the subject. Just don't confuse it with global polution/emissions as it doesn't aim to answer those questions.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Appeal-Reason-Cool-Global-Warming/dp/071563786X

My bro is skiing at the moment in Italy.

When he got to the appartment there was a minor problem it had been snowing for some weeks and the snow plough had been clearing the roads and heaping more and more snow against the appartment they were borrowing.

It was 10 feet deep and nearly 30 feet to the front door. So he went to the hotel next door and asked to borrow a shovel. The guy from the hotel took a look and said no hope you will be there til easter.

My bro said OK I'll make some steps and go over, Mr hotel said too dangerous.

Mrs and kids getting cold by now. Mr hotel insisted my bro used pallets to strengthen snow as he went over the top.

Takes you back to the 63/64 winter was great.

There is way more than normal levels of snow across all French resorts as well.  I thought that the novelty factor of it would last.....it hasn't.  1 meter fell overnight a week ago and walking dogs crotch high in snow is no fun, believe me.  It's now getting hard packed in this area so you can walk on it without disapearing but the clouds are gathering and la arge dump is due tonight, what I wouldn't give for a covered parking area!!

EDIT Just checked the weather forecast and I'm due 11cm overnight with a low of -20, winter draws on as they say!!

That book looks VERY interesting Baypond! I may just treat myself to it? There are some other good loking ones in the bunch below too!

Oh how I would have loved to have been 'a fly on the wall' at the end of the last big Ice Age listening to the scientists of the time argue that if fire hadn't bin invented then all the ice wouldn't be melting?

Nice day here, but that follows about 2+ inches of snow on Boxing Day and an inch or so of rain till last night!