FC exchange rates

Théière

Once championed on this and other forums, we were about to transfer but the rate from fc exchange was appalling. most offering around 1.138 - 1.131  fc exchange 1.09.

Got them on the phone and negotiated 1.13 as the rate is apparently dropping and there isn't time to setup another account with another provider.  fc exchanges website also put a time clock on your agree/disagree so easy to trip you up and accept a bad deal.

FC Exch were good and I used them last year instead of Currency Fair, who were my previous choice. However, i now use Transferwise, https://transferwise.com/user/account who are by far the best to date.

Example; five minutes ago the inter-bank rate was €1.1357. If you had transferred £1,000 their total charges would have been £4,29, so you would have received €1,130.83 in your French bank, most likely later this afternoon.

[quote user="Théière"]Sounds cool Chancer, what rate are you offering? [:D]
[/quote]

If I had a Crystal ball and knew which currency £ or € to be moving money from and to then I'd be happy to deal Teapot!

In the past it was money from the UK to France to live on and work with, that coincided nicely with French friends wanting stuff from the UK.

The problem I have now is finding a banque in France that is not going to lose/steal some of the cheques or cash that I pay in, the 1.75% or even 2.95% credit card commission charges that I lose seem a good deal now compared to the incompetence/dishonesty of the banques,  if I were able to stop recieving cheques/cash which sadly I cant I could go to an on line banque and save all the charges.

FC online seems almost designed to be difficult to use.... maybe they still want you to telephone them and speak to one of their dealers. But a good rate of currency exchange, especially for relatively small amounts, is surely only viable if it's totally automated. So that's why I now feel uneasy about dealing with FC.

[quote user="nomoss"]I'm still wondering what other kinds of clock there are besides time clocks?

n.b. see OP

[/quote]

https://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A2KLj.s8fG9acGgAWKBNBQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTBsZ29xY3ZzBHNlYwNzZWFyY2gEc2xrA2J1dHRvbg--;_ylc=X1MDMjExNDcxNzAwNQRfcgMyBGFjdG4DY2xrBGJjawM4MTZlZDc1YjdzbTBoJTI2YiUzRDMlMjZzJTNEdTgEY3NyY3B2aWQDYmE1UktqRXdMaktBbWMwNVZuNVlFUVBtTlRFdU9RQUFBQUNoZVJoUgRmcgNtY2FmZWUEZnIyA3NhLWdwBGdwcmlkA292MnFua1BOUlBTRW1nNGRLQmxlV0EEbXRlc3RpZANudWxsBG5fc3VnZwMxBG9yaWdpbgN1ay5pbWFnZXMuc2VhcmNoLnlhaG9vLmNvbQRwb3MDMARwcXN0cgMEcHFzdHJsAwRxc3RybAMyNQRxdWVyeQNkaWFsIHRlc3QgaW5kaWNhdG9yIGNsb2NrBHRfc3RtcAMxNTE3MjU1NzcyBHZ0ZXN0aWQDbnVsbA--?gprid=ov2qnkPNRPSEmg4dKBleWA&pvid=ba5RKjEwLjKAmc05Vn5YEQPmNTEuOQAAAACheRhR&p=dial+test+indicator+clock&fr=mcafee&fr2=sb-top-uk.images.search.yahoo.com&ei=UTF-8&n=60&x=wrt#id=1&iurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dapetz.com%2Fmedia%2Fcatalog%2Fproduct%2Fcache%2F1%2Fimage%2F650x%2F040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f%2FE%2F1%2FE1A27624C2BDD19B4320FEF467E57AA1.jpg&action=click