Six Nations Rugby

powerdesal

Got the beer and snacks in, the BBQ cleaned down and my mates turning up at 3:30. England on Sky and French match on FR2. Just a bit more cleaning then a quick change in to my England shirt, cap and scarf then settle down to hopefully a good afternoons entertainment. May the best team win and good luck to whichever team you support. It's my most favorite time of the year, well next to Christmas.

PS. We are off to Ireland for the England Ireland game this year thought we would give the England France match a miss this year and do something different. My French mates are looking forward to getting their teeth round some Guinness and Oysters.

There is a lot to say but to put it in a nutshell if I had paid £80 for ticket to watch England I would want my money back. If I had paid £80 to watch France and Ireland I think I would have felt I had had my monies worth. Roll on tomorrow.

I think, without watching Wales yet that the one to really watch could be Wales v Ireland. Personally I think I might have bought the wrong ticket (i.e. England v Ireland). Still early days.

My OH, who watched wall-to-wall rugby today, agrees with you.  His only criticism was that he didn't understand the French commentary.

He has two tickets for Wales -v- Ireland and the other person will not be me....  By the way, he was there 2 years ago when Wales won the championship at the decider game against Ireland.

[quote user="Cathy"]

My OH, who watched wall-to-wall rugby today, agrees with you.  His only criticism was that he didn't understand the French commentary.

.[/quote]

On the England/Italy match it was a lot about the fact that the Australian referee was applying southern a  hemisphere interpretation of a new rule in loose play, which England seemed to be aware of but not the Italians or the French commentators

The usual French whinge about 'Anglophone' referees..[:)]

Well yes apart frrom the fact that he was South African, so your original argumernt has no validity, why would the decisions in that match worry the French? 

IMHO they had more cause for complaint with some of the inconsistent, obscure and harsh decisions given against them by the welsh ref.  Nothing to do with France being the biggest threat to the Welsh chances of the grand slam by any chance[Www]

[quote user="Ron Avery"]

Well yes apart frrom the fact that he was South African, so your original argumernt has no validity, why would the decisions in that match worry the French? 

[/quote]

because my post was about the remarks made  by the French commentators on the England/Italy match as I  clearly stated.

Try reading what is posted before shooting from the hip.

I quote

"

My

OH, who watched wall-to-wall rugby today, agrees with you.  His only

criticism was that he didn't understand the French commentary.

On

the England/Italy match it (the French commentary) was a lot about the fact that the Australian

referee was applying southern a  hemisphere interpretation of a new

rule in loose play, which England seemed to be aware of but not the

Italians or the French commentators

The idea that it was an Australian referee also came from their comments.

In short I was talking about the commentary that the OP's husband hadn't understood..