Factual or harsh?

just john

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is absolutely out of order. Criticise Brown for his policies, his handling of the affair - but not for a physical handicap.

Criticise Carol T for what she says, how she behaves, but not for her lisp.

Criticise me for the way I express myself, my opinions, my tenacity - whatever - but not because I have one leg much shorter than the other because of a terrible car accident.

I agree entirely, except that I did not know Gorgon had only one eye, and initially took it to mean his lack of honesty and forsightedness in matters fiscal was curtailed for other reasons, especially since that is the thrust of the comparison with Australian premiers handling of the announcements, unfortunate if this faux pas becomes the focus and detracts from the validity of the other comparisons.

[quote user="odile"]It is absolutely out of order. Criticise Brown for his policies, his handling of the affair - but not for a physical handicap.
Criticise Carol T for what she says, how she behaves, but not for her lisp.
Criticise me for the way I express myself, my opinions, my tenacity - whatever - but not because I have one leg much shorter than the other because of a terrible car accident.

[/quote]

... but can I criticise you for having one leg longer than the other?

Morons eyesight:

"At the age of 16, he had joined his older brother John at Edinburgh University, the youngest fresher there since 1945.

But disaster struck in his first week of term when he was diagnosed with a detached retina - thought to be the result of being kicked in the head during an end of term rugby match at Kirkcaldy High.

He missed the entire first term while doctors battled to save his sight. He would be in and out of hospital for the next five years, often spending weeks lying on his back in a darkened room. He eventually lost the sight in one eye and retained just 30% of his vision in the other"

Goes some way to explain why he couldn't see the train wreck which is now the UK economy coming.

Perhaps the person who kicked him was clairvoyant [;-)]

It was a terrible accident - and he it amazing that he got over it and managed to continue his studies and reach such an important position. He has my admiration for that - as has every one who has to fight like hell  to overcome disability. Maybe difficult for some to understand who have never had to do that. The rules of conduct of this Forum are clear on the matter of making offensive comments of this kind.

the rest is a different story. Fire away.

[quote user="ErnieY"]Morons eyesight:

Goes some way to explain why he couldn't see the train wreck which is now the UK economy coming.

[/quote]

Doesn't explain his inability to tell it like it is and self congratulatory stance on giving our money to merchant banker losers in a failing strategy though, eh?[8-|]

[quote user="ErnieY"]Was there something offensive about my post ?

[/quote]

Well I didn't think so.....

Clarkson and GB are both big headed, GB more so in a physical sense.

and I dont think the GB comment is an insult by the way, rather a statement of fact.

Clarkson is not my favourite person because he is so anti Caravanners but he is funny (sometimes) and outspoken (most times).

His statement was totally factual and not insulting. It is a fact that GB has one eye, therefore he is one-eyed. GB is also Scottish, that is also a fact.  Where is the insult???????????????

What would have happened to his lovely  'hamster' if he had been seriously injured in that terrible accident.  Would he make jibes about his brain damage,  his paraplegic state, his loss of a limb ... or indeed an eye (which could so easily have been the result of their ridiculous stunts).

[quote user="odile"]exactly puzzled. It is a fact that many people in this world are handicapped, that is a fact. It is also a fact that it is cheap, unfair - and illegal to make fun of a person because of their disability. Full stop.

[/quote]

cheap.........define what you mean.

unfair.........where did fairness come into the equation

illegal to make fun of a person because of their disability.......... Fun, what fun?   If it is illegal to state facts then it shouldn't be.

Gordon Brown has got himself into a position where he is 'fair game' for insults, cartoons and being lampooned. It comes with the job in a free society. If he doesn't like or can't take it then the answer is in his own hands, resign or call a GE, and retire to Scotland into obscurity (hopefully)

A person in power or the limelight is indeed in a position to be criticised - that does come with the job- but not about a physical disability, fact or not. It is cheap in the sense that it is easy and low. Have a go at his politics, his views, his opinions, his lack of control, whatever - but NOT his disability.

I do hope you will never have the opportunity to know what it is like to be disabled- or to see loved ones- at any age, and whether in a position of power, or not - be bullied or mocked because of a disability.  Maybe one of our moderators could remind all that it is not acceptable.

Hope some of you heard the reaction of the Royal Institute for the blind and partially sighted. He, on the behalf of the huge number of blind and partially sighted people in the UK who make a great contribution, despite their disability, was appalled. Quite rightly.

"

[/quote]

The other day you told me that you don't get involved in the nonsense on the Forum yet you continue on calling the Prime Minister of the UK, stupid, insulting and infantile names.  Why is that?   You might not like his politics and think he robbed you of some of your pension although that is highly debatable, but there is no excuse for not using the given name of the Prime Minister of the UK. 

I noticed that you have made no comment on the UK Government under Gordon Brown bailing out the people who chose badly when opting for Equitable Life and other schemes.   Bet those people don't call him childish names.[:@] 

[quote user="Ron Avery"]

"

[/quote]

I noticed that you have made no comment on the UK Government under Gordon Brown bailing out the people who chose badly when opting for Equitable Life and other schemes.   Bet those people don't call him childish names.[:@] 

[/quote]

I think you will find that dear old Gordon Brown has certainly not bailed out those people who got caught in Equitable Life. I don't know off anyone who has recd a penny yet, and the new terms announced recently are extremely discriminating by apply means testing to any payment. I have no problem that those that need the money first get it now, and everyone else waits their turn, but even those that desperately need the help are not getting paid anything yet.

Also, I seem to remember Blair and Brown telling everyone to save more in their pensions just before removing tax breaks on dividends (thereby throwing the company pension schemes into damaging deficits), and then stood by when one of their regulated companies went belly up.

details a little hazy, but you get the jist.

Is it Friday, I must remember to sit down and relax.

Sorry if it offends your personal beliefs or political persuasion Ron but I'll continue to call Moron Moron or whatever else I feel appropriate. If the mods object then that's something else.

[quote user="Ron Avery"]I noticed that you have made no comment on the UK Government under Gordon Brown bailing out the people who chose badly when opting for Equitable Life and other schemes.   Bet those people don't call him childish names.[:@] [/quote]What planet are you living on, by what process of perverted thinking do you describe what's come out of the Equitable affair as a credit to this government. I'll match your bet that not many are toasting Moron nor any of his shabby, tawdry, sleaze ridden cronies. [:-))]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/investing/4248131/Equitable-compensation-Your-questions-answered.htm

I particularly like the final question:

"Q: What happens next?

A: Sir John Chadwick will have to set up an office and find the staff to sift

through all the records of Equitable members going back more than a decade.

He will then decide who should be compensated. But this process could still

take many months and years"

So yet another battalion of civil servant to be recruited, on gold plated guaranteed pensions of course, in order to do bugge_r all until all the claimants are dead and gone and the problem with them, unbelievable [:'(]