Online tax form 2047

David

I think that I am being particularly thick, last year I completed my tax forms online and thought it was easy.  This year I seem to have forgotten how to do it.

In particular I can login, but seem to go directly to the blue form 2042 without the option to go to form 2047 first.  I cannot find out how to go to forms 2047 and the bank accounts form while online before completing form 2042.  This is difficult as I understand that I have to complete form 2047 (UK Income)  before I complete form 2042 (total income).

I would be grateful for some very basic instructions as to how to access these forms online as I am going round and round in circles and will probably start raising alarm bells on the computer with the number of times I have logged on, played around and then logged off.

Many thanks in anticipation, and apologies for asking a stupid question.

David

I haven't touched it myself yet but remember it happening to me a couple of years ago. As I recall you had to complete a bit of basic info on 2042 which includes a tick box as to other forms required. Then you can complete 2047. I might be wrong and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am. Got to be in the right mood before doing it but, whenI do in a couple of days, I'll post if you haven't had a good response. Bon courage!

You're right Minnie. Start on the blue form and after a couple of pages boxes appear on the left hand side of the screen with the other forms listed that have been filled in for previous years-the red one and the bank details. Click on those and fill them in the the system automatically goes back to the blue one to finish off.