Roastbeef VS froggies

Frenchie

Do you mind being called " rosbeef ? "

This morning in my e mail box, I got a mail whose title was " how do you like your rostbeef ? " 

I thought it would be a recipe, so I opened it and it said    " England Vs France , dimanche 15 Mars // Un rosbeef bien cuit, ça met du beurre dans les épinards"..

Just wondered if English people would take that as humour or feel offended ..  

I don't think that it's at all funny....spinach with roast beef ? yuk[+o(]  yorkshires, roast spuds, peas and carrots. yummy[:)]

But if the "rosbeefs" beat the "froggies" I'll happily be force fed anything you like.  Sadly I feel tears coming.

Offended?  Nah...too many other things to get hot under the collar about in this world.

I don't mind at all. You've reminded me of the first time our travelling butcher called and he started to tell me how to cook the beef I was buying. I replied, "Mais je suis une rosbif." We had a great laugh and have been on good terms ever since.

I have some friends whose email address is 'rosbifetfrog'.

I suppose it all depends on context.

Hoddy

Back to the rugby match - I was reading about Delon Armitage, who is on the England team tomorrow. Evidently he started out in Nice and got called Le Rosbif by his team-mates there.

He didn't seem to mind.

So he could have played for France or England. I think his adoptive father is english .