Cheap UK Houses

Frederick

What an eye opener ! having scanned through whats on offer in the way of houses in the UK  that are being sold due to being reposessed ...I note that for a two up two down Coronation St type house prices start from £3.000...Quite a few houses  in the £18.000 to £22.000...range...Everything from flats to farmhouses  today on reposession sale room web sites. from Cornwall to Scotland ...........so sad for the people involved ...but somebody will step in and get a bargain ...

To do the linky thing :

Just hold your mouse over the address bar at the top of the page - right click, select copy. Come to the forum open a reply box, click in it and right click again, select paste.

Highlight the link text and click on the ball and chain icon, on the post tool bar, click OK and that should be it....

we have just sold our house - 23% of last year's asking price. We were very lucky to sell in the present climate. Just bought a flat as a pied a terre -20% asking price. C'est la vie. Terrible for those being re-possessed.

I'm amazed that the Gordon Brown Empire didn't pass a few of the Bankers Billions to the local councils to buy up these properties. The families could have stayed in situ,rent received from the now tenants would be greater than interest for the council. At least it would deter the councils investing in Iceland.A huge increase in social housing stock would have been created and last but not least ,the ordinary folk in the UK might have least have an asset for the at present invisible,billions.  I presume all the families repossesed are having to be re-housed or put in B&B at the councils expense?This I can foresee as another problem causing a rise in peoples feelings against all the handouts available to immigrants to the UK,legal or otherwise.

Regards.

Wooly by name but not by nature.Yes ,your idea makes more sense. I cannot understand how the banks make any profit or headway the way they deal with this problem. Saying that the majority of the problem seems to have been caused by Bankers and their lackeys trying to earn the available bonus. I still don't understand what G.B. and his puppet Darling are getting for the taxpayers cash? Adding to the Banks pot so the Bank can balance their books have enough funds to lend so the Banks earn the interest and bonus? Still I suppose if I understood the finer details I wouldn't be asking where has it all gone wrong?

Regards.