How to get sound on my computer?

Kitty

I have a new HP laptop (from UK although I am in France).  It did have sound on it but, one day, I deleted the speakers because I was trying to turn the sound off.  I now cannot get the sound back and the computer comes up with a message that there is no sound device.

Can anyone help me?

Have you tried...

configuration panel / audio / sounds / manage audio peripherals.

This should bring up a small screen showing speakers.

If this is right, click on the speakers and go to properties and adjust the settings accordingly...

Fingers crossed [:)]

Thanks Clair.  Again, I am grateful for the idea.  I had already done Control Panel / Sound / Manage Audio Devices and this is what told me that I had no sound device.  In fact, it was on this route that I found the speakers in order to adjust volume and accidentally deleted them.

I just did another system restore but it didn't work again.  The message I get is 'No Audio Output Device is Installed'.

So I've a go at your link.

EDIT: Just looked at your link and it seems to be the same problem.  I'll report back.

[quote user="ali-cat"][quote user="Cathy"]Elton John can sing once more to me ...[/quote]

I would prefer not to have sound ....... [Www]

[/quote]

Early Elton is fine (I have all the LPs, yes LPs), but I can't listen to anything he's done after Yellow Brick Road, except for this one...