Expulsion or what?

Gardengirl

[quote user="Weedon"]

Here I am afraid I must lapse into my normal mode.  If what you say is true why do up to 20 people a day write to tell me that my wossname is too small and would benefit from some kind of supplement, I thought that only I knew that? 

[/quote]

Yes, only you, Weedon, and a few thousand of usas well now![:D]

[quote user="Weedon"]

[quote user="buelligan"]For what it's worth, I feel quite strongly that the posting should have been deleted immediately.  I read it all and was sickened by the pleasure that some posters appeared to gain from upsetting and bullying other members It was absolutely clear that the person in question believed that her details had been revealed and that, to me, is the salient fact. [:D][/quote]

Which is why I posted a story about bullying in the hope that it would bring a halt to what I thought was becoming a sort of feeding frenzy against a person whose main fault was not knowing when to stop.

In my naivety I did think her details had been revealed.

[/quote]

Sorry to bring it back to the top of the page , but yes, she really thought her details were being shown + the " We know where you are "  made her lose control and panic.

What seems wrong to me is that some  people  take a sadistic pleasure in upsetting others, and push them beyond their limits.

To me, there was bullying.

[quote user="Weedon"]

Here I am afraid I must lapse into my normal mode.  If what you say is true why do up to 20 people a day write to tell me that my wossname is too small and would benefit from some kind of supplement, I thought that only I knew that? 

[/quote]

[:D][:D][:D]

I would have freaked out too if I thought my details had been revealed on an open forum without my consent. I have had my fair share of creepy things occuring on this forum and the mods have always been helpful and reassuring to me. 

Boiling a Frog wrote.

I think what Clair said was that in this instance Odiles personal details were not revealed to anyone except herself, which is a bit different from what you are saying. I have no doubt that you can be traced, after all you have signed up to an internet provider who had your details. That is how people can track you down

BaF, I know you are being helpful but I think I shall now leave this explaining and counter explaining alone as I am not even sure I know what day of the week it is now.  Can I just say that in future could you treat me as you would a very elderly grandfather, you see I even got muddled up with the quotes thingy.

It was brought to Odile's attention quite quickly & several times that her ID was NOT being displayed, but it seems she chose NOT to read that or take it onboard. She just carried on. It was also pointed out to her to edit the pm she posted, but that didn't get through either. She has now apparently left the forum, her choice. She will still be posting on other forums. As far as this one goes, she's put it to bed, re this subject, maybe everyone else should too!

[quote user="Frenchie"][quote user="Weedon"]

[quote user="buelligan"]For what it's worth, I feel quite strongly that the posting should have been deleted immediately.  I read it all and was sickened by the pleasure that some posters appeared to gain from upsetting and bullying other members It was absolutely clear that the person in question believed that her details had been revealed and that, to me, is the salient fact. [:D][/quote]

Which is why I posted a story about bullying in the hope that it would bring a halt to what I thought was becoming a sort of feeding frenzy against a person whose main fault was not knowing when to stop.

In my naivety I did think her details had been revealed.

[/quote]

Sorry to bring it back to the top of the page , but yes, she really thought her details were being shown + the " We know where you are "  made her lose control and panic.

What seems wrong to me is that some  people  take a sadistic pleasure in upsetting others, and push them beyond their limits.

To me, there was bullying.

[/quote]

How do you know that she really thought her details were being shown etc. ? No one really  knows what is going thro another persons mind, especially when the person concerend could be sitting several hundred miles away in front of an inanimate object, typing something onto a machine, not even speaking to anyone and very possibly not even known personally to the other participants

I suspect that all (well most) of what has been posted on this thread (and others in the same vein) is well intentioned.

Please let's not forget though that even though Odlie is no longer posting here, she may well be following these threads.  Being unable to respond makes it all rather unfair, both on Odile and on the moderators. 

We do step in when people are submitted to unrelenting bullying.  I myself have helped some of the people contributing to this thread (and the others) in the past with such matters, and I know that the other mods have done the same.

Whatever people's perceptions of this particular situation, I think it is only fair that we take the advice offered by JayJay, and let this one rest now.  Odile's friends wouldn't want to see her offended any more than she already is, and those not counting themselves in that number should perhaps think twice before contributing to prolonging the drama.

[quote user="Cat"]

I suspect that all (well most) of what has been posted on this thread (and others in the same vein) is well intentioned.

Please let's not forget though that even though Odlie is no longer posting here, she may well be following these threads.  Being unable to respond makes it all rather unfair, both on Odile and on the moderators. 

We do step in when people are submitted to unrelenting bullying.  I myself have helped some of the people contributing to this thread (and the others) in the past with such matters, and I know that the other mods have done the same.

Whatever people's perceptions of this particular situation, I think it is only fair that we take the advice offered by JayJay, and let this one rest now.  Odile's friends wouldn't want to see her offended any more than she already is, and those not counting themselves in that number should perhaps think twice before contributing to prolonging the drama.

[/quote]

And perhaps Odiles friends should consider what they are posting so as not to prolonge the drama.

Perhaps everyone should remember their sense of humour in troubled times, from the the outside there is some entertainment value in someone thowing a hissy fit; even more of a frisson in a french flouncy number[:D]

Didn't Elvis have a  great recipe for squirrel pie?

(too early to be out chopping wood[:P])