fLOggIng a Dead horsE

TWINKLE

I can't say I like or don't like Odile because I don't know her.

On a forum is as easy to portray yourself anyway you wish as it is difficult to be how you are in 'real life'.

I once met Tresco and she told me I was "just like it says on the label" and I think that quite a few of you here on the forum are too. I hope Odile ISN'T because to me she came over as very sanctamonious.

Other people here however saw a different Odile and I know that she was also supportive and a friend to some members here.

There ARE bullies here on the forum as there are on ALL forums because it is so easy to hide behind the computer.  I myself have posted comments here while wickedly giggling to myself - often inspired by a glass of red or rosé or something a bit stronger.  For some it is letting off steam.  For others it is very offensive and others - just "words in the air".

We CHOOSE to air our views and opinions on an open forum.  We are NOT obligated.

In 'real life' it is easier to avoid bullies, creeps, perverts and all the other unpleasant things in life than it is on an open forum.  My rosé tinted point being....stay away or be prepared (thank you Brown Owl!)

I know this has been said a thousand times before - but sometimes some people need to be reminded.

Do unto others as you would be done to.

If you cannot stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

There are so many whingers on these Forums who like to criticize but are not prepared to be criticized. If you do not like it do not leave yourself open to comment.

I am an ARTIS t E  my friends!

What did you expect?

I wanted to use some of what you said squirrel but thought I would come over as too cliché!  You see?  I worry about what you think about me and I don't even know you!

[quote user="TWINKLE"]Anyone know who squirrel is? 

You have a forum? What sort of forum?[/quote]

I noticed the other day that one of my posts had been copied over on Squirrel's forum by one of its moderators no less... [Www]

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="TWINKLE"]

Anyone know who squirrel is? 

You have a forum? What sort of forum?

[/quote]

I noticed the other day that one of my posts had been copied over on Squirrel's forum by one of its moderators no less... [Www]

[/quote]

Was that the red squirrel forum or the grey............oh never mind [:D]

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

Other people here however saw a different Odile and I know that she was also supportive and a friend to some members here.

[/quote]

I put my hand up and am happy to state that I was one of those people who saw "a different Odile".

She appears to me to be a very kindhearted person, always standing up for those who are less advantaged than we are.

She was generous in her praise of others and was always encouraging to me in my efforts to write French on here.  She never put down my attempts but was always happy to correct my mistakes in the most sensitive way.  She didn't have to spend time and energy helping me with my French, but she always did..... unstintingly.

I think she came across as very accomplished, speaking all the languages she does.  She is sassy and good-humoured and I should really like to meet her in real life.

Well I dont know what you lot are on about, I have found this forum a breath of fresh air after my last one! No nasty dialogue on any of the threads I have been involved in or read up to now.  I must have missed the point of this thread because I dont understand the idea of the mixed up print in the title either. Ah well, I suppose live and let live.[:)]

[quote user="Boiling a frog"]

Odile seems to have got under many peoples skin ,a troublemaker perhaps, a lovely person perhaps, can we not just give it a rest

[/quote]

Apparently not.

Maybe one day someone will make a thread in YOUR honour[:)]

[quote user="TWINKLE"][quote user="Boiling a frog"]

Odile seems to have got under many peoples skin ,a troublemaker perhaps, a lovely person perhaps, can we not just give it a rest

[/quote]

Apparently not.

Maybe one day someone will make a thread in YOUR honour[:)]

[/quote]

Perhaps but it will be an in memorandum