" Reborn babies" , would you like one??

Frenchie

No, no, I haven't had a baby!! [blink]

This afternoon , in Niort ( vide grenier ) I saw the following dolls in real, believe me, they are so lifelike, it's amazing!!

Many women wanted to hold one, ( I did [:$] ), it was an amazing sensation!!

They weigh about the same as a new born baby too...

Some women even asked their husbands to take a picture of them with the " baby" in their arms...

They're about 200 euros, and you get a certificate of adoption!!

Most men were saying " Woow , they're scary...! "

What is your feeling? Do you feel uncomfortable about them ?

Back to the thread

Cuddly … or creepy?
Some people find the lifelike dolls downright creepy. But collectors, some of whom treat the dolls as real children, feel there s nothing unusual about their passionate hobby.

Monica Walsh, a 41-year-old wife and mother of a 2-year-old daughter from Orange County, N.Y., has one doll . And, yes, she told Lauer, she plays with her doll the same way a man might make a big train station and play with his train station or play with his sports car, his boat or his motorcycle."

Obviously RH you have never made a boat, it is like giving birth (I imagine) just as painful at times but the gestation period runs for more than nine months [:D]

Personally I would dress them in Pink leotards with tutu's, not the babies the yobs with ASBO's they won't be so proud then.

Hijack over.

Too creepy for words.  [+o(] 

Many, many moons ago I used to work for a company which sold collectors' dolls.  People had hundreds of the things (and they're not cheap!), and bought special furniture etc etc for them.  Some of the photos I was sent by the proud "parents" beggared belief.  Still, whatever floats your boat, or chacun a son gout. 

Fi

I don't know it might be a good idea especially in the UK. I am thinking of the mentally challenged couple who are on their tenth baby all of which have been taken in to care and have said they will continue to have babies until the social services let them keep one. Could save the state a shed load of money.

[quote user="cooperlola"]Yes, they are creepy.  But then so are the real things.  [+o(][/quote]

I LOVE babies, real babies , I have a feeling of protection towards them , I feel like taking care of them...

And babies must feel it, they always want to be in my arms!! [:D]

We're all different .[:)]

Seriously creepy...  but... imagine the fun you could have with them... apparently feeding them steak and chips in a restaurant, giving them a pierced lip, changing their soiled nappies in inappropriate places, leaving them on park benches, dangling them off hotel balconies... [6]

Is it the dolls that are creepy or the fact that adults seem to want them?

After all aren't they are just another evolution of childrens dolls that were already pretty lifelike? Or are they so much more lifelike that instead of just being viewed as a childs toy they now engender maternal feelings?