UK rent - notification of upfront payments for CSG on UK rent

Charles999

Hi all,

In the recent 2018 tax “avis” I got the credit impot as usual for the UK rent (furnished), so no social charges, which is correct.

However, at the end of the avis there's a new section on "Prelevement a la source en 2019".

It says that from January they will collect a monthly payment for an "Acompte des prelevements sociaux - Acompte des prélèvements sociaux - BIC non pro, location meublé ... pour les revenus sans organisme collecteur"

It’s presumably caused by the fact that I (rightly or wrongly) declare the UK rent in section 5 - micro BIC (and 8TK)

So, please could anyone who declares the UK rent in section 4 - 4BE and 4BK (or 4BA and 4BL), please tell me if they also have this “Acompte” for 2019. It's right at the end the last page of the 2018 avis?

Thanks.

I don't know what you will do about this, as this is not income tax per se is it.

I know where we are concerned, that if we start getting debited with french income tax, as we do not pay any any more on our french income, HMRC will have to send us an attestation stating that we do not pay tax in France.

Trouble is that this isn't an income tax issue is it?

Hi,
 The UK /France double taxation specifically covers french income tax and social contributions,   in article 2.  UK rents are exempted by article 6.

See here;
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/496672/france_dtc_-_in_force.pdf

The OP should write to the tax office pointing this out quoting the relevant treaty entry.

Thanks for the replies.

What I would really would like to know is this if anyone can help with this question:

"Please could anyone who declares the UK rent in section 4 - 4BE and 4BK (or 4BA and 4BL), tell me if they also have this “Acompte” for 2019. It's right at the end ofthe last page of the 2018 avis?"

If you prefer not to post here, maybe you could reply by PM. Thanks

All I can do is quote what it says on mine under the heading "informations concernant le prélèvement a la source en 2019" (I declared in 4be and 4bk)(see my own posting/problem):

Taux personnalisé qui sera utilisé par votre organisme collecteur...pour le prélèvement à la source sur votre revenu net imposable.

Taux pour le foyer 0%

Does this help?

Thanks kizpip. I got the same message - I think that applies to things which can physically be taxed at source like salary, but I also got the "Acompte" details for "les revenus sans organisme collecteur"j on the lines just following the "taux pour foyer 0% "

If yours was blank after that taux 0% message, then that tells me that the Acompte calculation was triggered by me using the micro BIC method in section 5.

So just to be sure, please could you confirm there's nothing printed below the "taux pour foyer 0%"line on your avis. Thanks.