So, religions need women to breed like rabbits?

woolybanana

This is a bit illogical isn't it? What is the link between rising population and religion. Is it a sine qua non that religion can only succeed if women are prepared to spend their lives breeding like the proverbial rabbits and drop everything else.

Surely, following his idea, given that the population of the world is far too high, secularism is then the only way to save the world from man's out of control breeding habits.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8345837.stm

Another reason why we don't understand other countries culture. The nations/areas that are most suffering from floods,droughts andchronic food shortages seem to have an abundance of small children and babies all born into the same cycle. When we see the pictures from Darfur for example there are thousands of starving children but it seems that the men and women of the area are so reliant on aid that the idea must be to keep the need.Perhaps if certain arms suppliers sent condoms and contraceptives for a change,it might redress the situation. Fairly obvious that the present system is just an ongoing one.

Scooby wrote; [quote]...the next generations are going to be dominated by religious fundamentalists and watchers of the X factor...[/quote]

Not sure what you mean by the next generations...  FWIW, I find it slightly odd that religions who have historically frowned on unbridled lust (or even the odd, chaste, bit of marital sex) now seem to be urging us to couple-up and procreate.  Frankly, I'd rather have a cup of tea...

To Russethouse's point I would think the survival rate is so low because of the conditions into which they are born and live in. Would the pictures regularly shown on the T.V. have as much impact on the west if there were fewer ? That is part of the vicious circle that wants breaking. I don't suppose the Kalashnikofs all the men seem to have fire BLANKS?