Tony Blair

NickP

[quote user="Clair"]The mind boggles [:-))]
What on earth do you get up to to learn this slang?

BLAIREAU : stupid, irrelevant and ridiculous person (useful source... [Www])
[/quote]

Thank you, Clair, that's exactly what I mean:  stupid, irrelevant and ridiculous![:D]

So, I now know I'm learning your language just fine, n'est-ce pas?

I expect Jaques Chriac will be racing to head up the line up for the job before he gets charged for corruption for his fiddle when in charge of Paris . Did he not bring out a rule he could not be charged for the Paris alleged crime while running France ...He would be quick to have a similar one in place while running Europe .

Hard to find an honest guy among the lot of them !

Personnallie I thinque he should run for Pope! And then the EU could stretch a point, with a large backhander of course, and have a deputy dog PM and have Punchy 2 Jags Prescot as the very permanent Presedent of the EU and then when on an official visit if anyone disagreed with him he could just punch their lights out. In a diplomatic way of course.[8-|]

As far as Blair is concerned I would rather see Prescot instead and I would HATE to see that!

• 3 weeks later...
Be very afraid this is today's news: (16/11/2009)

Former premier Tony Blair remains Britain's candidate for the post of European Union president just days before a decision on the issue, Prime Minister Gordon Brown's spokesman said. 

"The

prime minister has been absolutely consistent on this. Tony Blair

remains, and will be, the candidate," the spokesman told journalists.

Even if he is not recognised by future historians as a war criminal (which he probably will be), Blair will go down in history as the Prime Minister who, for short term political gain, initiated and encouraged the process which would eventually lead to the total break-up of the United Kingdom. 

Whether this break-up will be a good or bad thing for the individual parts of the former UK is not the point.  It's not something that should appear on the CV of someone who is a candidate for the Presidency of a relatively new and still fragile union of nations. 

Or are they hoping he will break that up too?

Patrick