De-lici-ous - Man hating Harriet Harmon being done for Careless Driving

AnOther

Schadenfreude defined [:D]

According to witnesses she had minor bump and drove off simply saying 'I'm Harriet Harman - you know where you can get hold of me.'

What pig ignorance but a typical display of the arrogance we have come to expect from the present bunch of mendacious disreputable clowns who feel themselves above the law.

If I'm not much mistaken the use of the mobile phone will be a matter of fact verifiable by phone records and I doubt the CPS would be bringing charges in such high profile circumstances without cast iron evidence. That being the case how does a plea of not guilty resulting in a guilty verdict and conviction avoid being perjury ?

She should resign forthwith.

I wonder if she'll be employing Nick 'Mr Loophole' Freeman to defend her.

Whatever happened to 'it's a fair cop' [:'(]

July 3rd actually and such delays are not untypical. She is already a proven contemptuous law breaker:

"In 2003, Ms Harman was fined £400 and banned from driving for a week after being convicted of driving at 99mph on a motorway.

In April 2007 she was also issued with a £60 fixed-penalty notice and three penalty points for driving at 50mph in a 40mph zone on the A14 in Suffolk.

She paid the fine several months late, narrowly avoiding appearing at Ipswich magistrates' court."

Remember, this is the country's deputy Prime Minister [:'(]

[quote user="plod"]I didn't realise that so many contributors to this forum lived in glasshouses.[/quote]Sorry, I don't understand.

OK in the last 15 years I've had one SP30 for doing 70 on a 60 dual carriageway, hands up, but I have never driven off after an accident nor do I ever use a mobile phone whilst driving, and in any case it's not just about the offences, it's the attitude and the example.

'I'm Harriet Harman - you know where to get hold of me' do you find that acceptable behaviour ?

[quote user="plod"]Her mobile phone record will count for nothing - how would you ever prove the time of the accident?[/quote]As I understand it there were multiple witnesses so time should not be difficult to prove. Plod regularly check up on such things nowadays I believe especially where a suspicion or allegation exists that it might have been a factor in an incident. If you are indeed synonymous with your name you'll know that better than I.

Also, as I said initially, I think CPS must be pretty sure of their ground to be pressing a case for careless driving.

[quote user="AnOther"]

What pig ignorance but a typical display of the arrogance we have come to expect from the present bunch of mendacious disreputable clowns who feel themselves above the law. [/quote]

Good grief Ernie !

You really don't like them do you ?  Much like nearly everyone around here!   Sadly, oop north they may still get a few seats, hopefully not enough.

Regards

Tegwini

In the interest of balance I feel it only fair to post; [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Archer[/url], [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Thorpe[/url], [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Aitken[/url] - a mere drop in the ocean, I know - so many criminals, so little time...![:D]

On the plus side buelligan all the trouble makers seem to live in just two houses, The house of Common Parliamentary thieves, cheats, liars, blackguards etc and the titled house of Lords and Lady's cheating, lying, nest feathering blackguards.

Usually in a street a couple of houses would bring down the neighborhood but that was usually in a poor areas, in the case of the above the populous should re-posses the above houses.

Crooks such and Jeremy Thorpe and Jeffrey Archer at least went to prison.

The current lot, many  of whom have been very devious and have pocketed perhaps nearly a £million of our money are still sitting around in Westminister and pontificating on what others have done, or how reform should take place.

Trouble is, there's not a lot we can do- many will be back next year with their snouts once again in the trough.

Tegwini

It would make a good car sticker [:)]

I wonder why we don't have a celebration of the IRA after bombing the grand hotel in Brighton, do you think its because they actually did bomb the government?

Tegwini, J Archer may have gone to prison but spent his time writing more novels so profited from his stay, IMO the money should have been taken from him/his publisher and given to better causes.

[quote user="Théière"]

Tegwini, J Archer may have gone to prison but spent his time writing more novels so profited from his stay, IMO the money should have been taken from him/his publisher and given to better causes.[/quote]

Yes I agree - if only! 

Many prisoners profit from being in jail - eg 'compensation' for a trip, or claims for damages for whatever they can think of.

Come to think of it, the IRA terrorists were treated leniently - some are now claiming expenses as MPs, and probably no more honestly than the rest.

Tegwini

The poor lady has been badly let down. Some cruel twist of fate put her behind the wheel of her own car instead of in the comfortable rear seat of a governement jag with highly trained driver ..

"I was forced to use my phone to help run the country,.. Because of all the complaints from the public about expenses I was not given a driver your worship " ..... " Not Guilty Make sure you have a driver next time ! "

I'm sure M'learned friends would have little difficulty in getting her off the mobile phone charge, unless there are independent witnesses that she was using as opposed to holding etc one. As my moniker implies I have experience of the difficulty in convicting people who appear "bang to rights".