Yet another example of UK PC madness !

AnOther

And who will suffer, the children of course because there will be less and less people around to help out. Its not that people will have anything to hide its just they can't be bothered. I think Anastasia de Waal, head of family and education at Civitas summed it up well.

In this instance I'm afraid I blame the headmaster for being over-cautious. I regularly accompany children from my grand daughters' school when they visit the local church for things like the harvest festival. Each adult is assigned to a particular class teacher and do what she asks us to. The possibilities for anything untoward are nil. This is nonsense.

Hoddy

It is also bringing up children to fear adults .Even the parents of their school friends Imagine having a birthday party at your home and your child invites a dozen little ones to her party ..They hold it at the Grandparents house because she has a bigger garden . Is that the next move parents and grandparents cannot have visiting kids to their homes for parties unless they have been checked . Its totally over the top !

AND,    CRB clearances guarantee nothing.

The Soham murders are an example here.

The two girls knew Martine Carr as a primary school classroom assistant- her boyfriend could have worked anywhere, but worked at a nearby comprehensive school.  Sadly the girls trusted Huntly because of his relationship with Carr, and not because he was a school caretaker.

Looks like everyone should have a CRB clearance?  Anyone who knows someone with a connection with anything to do with anything that children are involved in.  That could mean millions of people!

And, lots of money in this for someone!

Tegwini

Anyone with a CRB conviction for peadophilia will not have parental responsibility.  The peadophiles that are a potential threat are those that won't be picked up on a CRB check - i.e. those that haven't been caught.  All that this checking does is create paranoia and make it more difficult for schools and other charitable organisations to get voluntary support.

Scooby wrote; [quote]Anyone with a CRB conviction for peadophilia will not have parental responsibility.  The peadophiles that are a potential threat are those that won't be picked up on a CRB check - i.e. those that haven't been caught.[/quote]

[url]http://www.airsideshop.com/product_images/211/m_closeup_mens.jpg[/url]