Jesus found on bottom of iron.

Quillan

None really...being in hospital once I s'pose....I have no radio, music player of any description or TV.  So when I iron, I think.  Sometimes I ponder, rather dolefully, on the stacks and stacks and acres of neatly pressed linen I, alone, have produced over the years...and the mountains yet to come..... Inshallah ![:D]

[quote user="Richard"]Has anyone alive today ever seen Jesus? No. So how do they know it looks like him? It looks more like Neil out of the Young Ones to me.[/quote]

Well according to all the paintings commissioned over the years by the catholic church the one on the iron looks similar. [;-)] Mind you we always assume he is 'white' which of course given the geography and the indigenous population there he wasn't but then just how brown/black he was we can only guess. [:D]

[quote user="Iceni"]Doubtless someone else can be bothered to check but there always seem to be more white Jews than brown/black. John[/quote]

I can't comment on the actual number but there are a lot of coloured Jews, you could try googleing 'Black Jews'. Judaism is passed down via the female line (you always know your mother sort of thing). European Jews have had their 'Arab' heritage watered down over the years but basically they come from the 'brown', what is now called, Arabic genetic group. Given the area in which Jesus's parents came from he was more likely to be (light) brown than white, infact I would put money on it. Whilst it might be stretching it a bit there is no reason technically that he could not have been black after all there are loads of different tribes of black Jew's on the African continent. We are talking about a group thats nearly 4000 years old.

Quillan reminded us sagely; [quote]We are talking about a group thats nearly 4000 years old.[/quote]   I know who you mean! [url]http://www.rollingstones.com/home.php[/url]

OK!  Let's not forget that Jesus was (allegedly) of mixed race.  His mother was a jewess of the House of David, but his Dad... I really don't think anyone really knows what colour he is...and d'ya know what, in the grand scheme of things, I'm not too sure it's important...[:D]

[quote user="Richard"]Yeah, but I am yet to see a Jew with blue eyes! ;)[/quote]

Loads of them Richard!

In fact since so many left eastern Europe/Russia/Germany during the 19 and 20th centuries and many went to SA (and elsewhere) I was surrounded by them, and many were good friends, at my 'alma mater' in Johannesburg. Many had been in eastern and central Europe for hundreds of years.

Many were blond and  blue eyed  and many with German or eastern Euopean names. Darker Jews came from North Africa etc.

Tegwini

[quote user="buelligan"]

Quillan reminded us sagely; [quote]We are talking about a group thats nearly 4000 years old.[/quote]   I know who you mean! [url]http://www.rollingstones.com/home.php[/url]

OK!  Let's not forget that Jesus was (allegedly) of mixed race.  His mother was a jewess of the House of David, but his Dad... I really don't think anyone really knows what colour he is...and d'ya know what, in the grand scheme of things, I'm not too sure it's important...[:D][/quote]

Are you assuming that God is a man?

[quote user="tegwini"][quote user="Richard"]Yeah, but I am yet to see a Jew with blue eyes! ;)[/quote]

Loads of them Richard!

In fact since so many left eastern Europe/Russia/Germany during the 19 and 20th centuries and many went to SA (and elsewhere) I was surrounded by them, and many were good friends, at my 'alma mater' in Johannesburg. Many had been in eastern and central Europe for hundreds of years.

Many were blond and  blue eyed  and many with German or eastern Euopean names. Darker Jews came from North Africa etc.

Tegwini

[/quote]

Ah, but i have not actually met any. ;)

I'm clutching at straws now lol. I made a stupid comment without thinking too much about it and am trying to get out of it with some sense of pride left.

I think I've failed.

[quote user="Richard"][quote user="tegwini"][quote user="Richard"]Yeah, but I am yet to see a Jew with blue eyes! ;)[/quote]

Loads of them Richard!

In fact since so many left eastern

Europe/Russia/Germany during the 19 and 20th centuries and many went to

SA (and elsewhere) I was surrounded by them, and many were good

friends, at my 'alma mater' in Johannesburg. Many had been in eastern

and central Europe for hundreds of years.

Tegwini

[/quote]

Ah, but i have not actually met any. ;)

I'm clutching at straws now lol. I made a stupid comment without thinking too much about it and

am trying to get out of it with some sense of pride left.

I think I've failed.[/quote]

Not really Richard

You just need to get out more

Tegwini

[quote user="Cathy"][quote user="buelligan"]

OK!  Let's not forget that Jesus was (allegedly) of mixed race.  His mother was a jewess of the House of David, but his Dad... I really don't think anyone really knows what colour he is...and d'ya know what, in the grand scheme of things, I'm not too sure it's important...[:D][/quote]

Are you assuming that God is a man?

[/quote]

LOL!  Nope Cathy, not really....I guess I must be one of those traditional, old fashioned types who tend to imagine reproduction in a "biological" sense - which, of course, in this case is entirely inappropriate![:D]  Silly me![:D][:$]