How much longer can this weather last?

NormanH

Oh, you lot of self-satisfied, I'm-alright-jack types.  Spare a thought for those of us less fortunate.

I'm now in my PJs but wearing a thermal vest underneath and a fluffy dressing gown on top, the hot water bottle is already in the bed and I hope that I can sleep relatively  soundly cocooned in my duvet but, if I have to get up in the night for one reason or another, I shall be pretty quick about whatever it is that I might need to do!!![:P]

It's been warm and sunny here all week too (Gers.) Yesterday we ate lunch outside.

There are oakwoods along the hills opposite our house and the trees are still covered in leaves, though starting to go a bit brown now. Seems very late for this?

And, when I was there a couple of months ago, one of the locals in L'Absie told me it was always cold there because it was on une petite colline and that the winds blew straight across there from the Alps.

Is he right?  Seemed a charming, educated sort of a chap, spoke very well and was extremely friendly.

[quote user="sweet 17"]

And, when I was there a couple of months ago, one of the locals in L'Absie told me it was always cold there because it was on une petite colline and that the winds blew straight across there from the Alps.

Is he right?  Seemed a charming, educated sort of a chap, spoke very well and was extremely friendly.

[/quote]

Yes, it always seems colder round there. I used to live just across the frontier, in the Vendée. Whenever I go that way nowadays, I have noticed that the temperature in the West is two or three degrees higher at least, and that the hills in the East are often still frosty or shrouded in mist when they have long gone elsewhere. Of course, the border guards don't encourage a warm fellow feeling either.[6]

France is a big country with contrasting weather on the same day!

look at this post by valB today

!Re: Potted Chrysanthamums

Thanks for that, Joe, but we do get quite severe temperatures here. It can go well below freezing for days on end. That was why I was worried about putting them out too early.

----------------------------------------------

the brackets seem to be missing