Forum Member cooperlola

cooperlola2

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bravo - superb news. Oh I do wish I had access to the internet all these years ago when I spent months in traction and then some more. I am so pleased it will allow you to keep in touch with friends, cyber or otherwise- and help you on the way to recovery. Been away for 3 weeks and often thought about you during that time.

Toutes mes ficelles de calecons (= toutes mes felicitations)   Odile

Phew.  It has taken me all this time to read through all your lovely messages.  Interupted only by the business of sleeping, eating, entertaining guests and physio - which I even have to do at the weekends, by dint of the duty kine attaching me to a knee-bending machine for an hour!

Thanks again to all of you for your continued support.  My personal goal is to be independent enough to be allowed home for Christmas - if only for the hols.  Anything more seems too much to expect at this stage.  However, the plaster comes off my left leg on Wednesday, after which I'll be allowed in the pool to begin learning how to walk again.  Weight bearing is OK three months after the  op', which in fact means the end of the month.  Can't wait.  Funny how one's priorities alter, isn't it?

Also great to discover I can still type with all my fingers - even if the right arm aches like mad afterwards.  I hope to get around to replying to all the personal messages asap, but I'm still a bit feeble.  Still, nice to be alive when all's said and done.  A few years ago a car the size of mine would not have saved life as my little Micra undoubtedly did.

Coops, we're all cheering you on like mad and we have every confidence that you'll achieve all the goals you have mentioned.

Remember, this is only half way into the race, how many laps is that and how many to go?  Look if Lewis can do it, so can you!

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Look if Lewis can do it, so can you!

[/quote]It's really cheered me up in the past week to know for sure that you don't have to be white to succeed in an elitist sport or US politics.[:D] 

Hey, my problems pale into insignificance when I look at some of the people around me here who will never get back to anything like the life they had before but who in spite of this are invariably (in public at least) cheerful.  What guts they have.  They make a racing driver's achievements look pretty insignificant in the scheme of things.

Deb is definitely better. After pushing her round the grounds for a bit - the afternoon was lovely, mild and sunny, in contrast to last night's heavy storm - we sat over a romantic can of pop (no alcohol in a hospital) in the lounge area, while wheelchairs passed in all directions, and then adjourned to her room. It was at this point that she commented how well my trews - beigy-khaki, with a hint of green - complemented my green jumper/fleece thingy. And immediately added that she was sure it wasn't intentional! Fine words coming from a woman wearing trousers intentionally three sizes too large - and wearing odd socks to boot!

Such is 34 years of marriage, I suppose!

• 3 weeks later...