Bugsy

1.1550 now

Greek tragedy

Soc Gen banking results

China saying dollar too weak ag EURO

High UK CPI print suggesting rate rises sooner

Obama's democrats losing Massachussetts (threatening health care agenda etc)

All helping sterling at the moment.

Both GBP and the USD have some momentum which could run for a while. Perhaps we can see 1.2000 EUR to the pound before the elections cause problems again

[quote user="velcorin"]

Unfortunately brianagain "Aerospace" is not within the scope of the "Manufacturing" catergory, so officially is not considered "Manufacturing" ! Bizarre, I know, that was my point in an earlier post. UK strengths in Defence, Aerospace, Pharma, Petro, Plastics, the hi-tech, hi-value, areas of an economy are not considered (internationally) as "Manufacturing" which is just low value metal bashing, inorganic chemicals, etc. The definition needs dragging into the modern world.

[/quote]

Are you sure Velcorin?  UK Standard Industrial Classification SIC 2007 places Aerospace manufacturing firmly with Category C - Manufacturing under heading 30.4.  Same as the Eurostat NACE and North American NAICS systems.  Unless you're talking about technical consultancy which would be a service activity or the media's use of industrial classifications which are typically all over the place.

Slow day, I know.

Mr Cat