Guilty! Bent copper.

Marym2

Finally!!!!!!!

As an ex-cop in the same force, I know that he has been investigated many times previously! He always cried 'racism' though, and the powers that be always backed off (promoted him and/or paid out compensation!).

This time his accuser was from the Middle East, so the racism angle could not be used.

His name has been heard a number of times over the last few years, usually protesting about racism. I seem to remember him protesting he had been passed over for promotion even higher because of racism. What a pity he was a bad apple; he could have been such a good role model, but turned out to be a bully and a liar.

On the news it said it started as an argument about payment for a website he had commissioned, why would he need a website, was he partaking in some form of extra activity and if so is it permitted of an officer of such a rank? In fairness it didn't say what the website was for on the news but it made me wonder. Unfortunately of course many people will now tar all the police with the same brush and those that have always advocated that all police are corrupt will be pointing the finger and saying "I told you so" and "that's the one that got caught, many don't (get caught)". I feel very sorry for all those honest, decent, hard working coppers out there, and there are a lot, its not fair on them.

Dear Quillan I will not comment as to the rights or wrongs of this save for the fact that his 'peer' group found him guilty and with that I absolutely agee. He will be kept in solitary of that I can assure you.

As to 'coppers' per se I have come across lots and lots in my career and I have no doubt as to the validity of what you say.

But what I do say is that they are exclusive members of an exclusive club and unless you are a member they believe until proven otherwise that all are guilty. I number amongst our friends a very senior but now retired Police Officer and it was indeed only last Saturday that I argued that during the Miners Strike there was a national police force.

Q

It was a perfectly legitimate personal website. It appears many individuals have them these days in pretty much the same way that people publish all sorts of drivel and private information on such sites as Facebook, although this sort of thing is not for me.  [Www]

[quote user="Benjamin"]Q

It was a perfectly legitimate personal website. It appears many individuals have them these days in pretty much the same way that people publish all sorts of drivel and private information on such sites as Facebook, although this sort of thing is not for me.  [Www]

[/quote]

Thanks for the info Ben, it was just that nobody mentioned what it was for on the news and to be honest I haven't followed this in the press.

[quote user="nounours"]Anyone know when the last Catholic copper was jailed?  I really don't see what his religeon or original nationality has to do with this, does anyone else?[8-)][/quote]

I don't think anyone has suggested it has. The fact is that a person in his senior position within the Met, should have been above what he has engaged in.

BTW Nounours, why have you changed your user name and re joined the forum ?????

[quote user="nounours"]Anyone know when the last Catholic copper was jailed?  I really don't see what his religion or original nationality has to do with this, does anyone else?[8-)][/quote]

No not at all, he could be an Eskimo for all I care (not slight intended to Eskimo's). Obviously it did at one time matter to him however and as the police struggle to encourage people from ethnic minorities to join them it might make people think differently although I hope not. As I have always said colour, religion, sex and age should never be a factor, its the ability to do the job that counts. Likewise in these sort of situations the same should apply, its a police office first and foremost the rest should not be an issue nor is there any need to mention it.

[quote user="Quillan"]On the news it said it started as an argument about payment for a website he had commissioned, why would he need a website, was he partaking in some form of extra activity and if so is it permitted of an officer of such a rank? In fairness it didn't say what the website was for on the news but it made me wonder. Unfortunately of course many people will now tar all the police with the same brush and those that have always advocated that all police are corrupt will be pointing the finger and saying "I told you so" and "that's the one that got caught, many don't (get caught)". I feel very sorry for all those honest, decent, hard working coppers out there, and there are a lot, its not fair on them.[/quote]

I have posted before that I think it is amazing serving police officers are allowed to run a business and many do. What is quite incredible is that they are permitted to sell goods and services to the very same police service they work for. It absolutely stinks.

I agree with you there Dog in fact I would go further in that I don't think any public servant should do the same, doctors, fire brigade (although they changed the rules for them some years back), politicians etc, etc. So I don't think you can narrow it down to just police officers. The fault of all this is of course the government, they should have legislated against it years ago. Unfortunately who ever did such a thing would be looking at how many votes they could possibly loose.

I think in Dezaie's case his race and religion do come into it. He has countered all criticisms and charges by saying that he was a victim of discrimination. When he was found not guilty of similar charges seven years ago, he was reinstated and promoted and then wrote a book, "Not One of Us", about his experience. He was at one time president of the the Black Police Association. When he is so keen himself to have his race and religion taken into account I don't see how the rest of us can ignore it.

[quote user="ebaynut"]

[quote user="nounours"]Anyone know when the last Catholic copper was jailed?  I really don't see what his religeon or original nationality has to do with this, does anyone else?[8-)][/quote]

I don't think anyone has suggested it has. The fact is that a person in his senior position within the Met, should have been above what he has engaged in.

BTW Nounours, why have you changed your user name and re joined the forum ?????

[/quote]

Changed my name from what? This is the name I also use on the only other Forum I look at, which others like SD,  Coops and Ernie or Another also use.

Back to the thread, I agree with Hoddy that  the man has certainly used his race and his religeon to further his career and deflect criticism and attention, but the point is that in this case he is a senior Met Police  officer who has tried to use his position as a senior Police Officer to pervert the course of justice, not that a senior Iranian born   Muslim London police officer  etc etc.

[quote user="Hoddy"]I think in Dezaie's case his race and religion do come into it. He has countered all criticisms and charges by saying that he was a victim of discrimination. When he was found not guilty of similar charges seven years ago, he was reinstated and promoted and then wrote a book, "Not One of Us", about his experience. He was at one time president of the the Black Police Association. When he is so keen himself to have his race and religion taken into account I don't see how the rest of us can ignore it.[/quote]

I agree.

Years ago I remember he complained that he had been passed over for promotion because of his race and religion, he can't have it both ways - he's used his race and religion as something of a battering ram when its suited him, he can hardly complain when people remember it now.

Well said, all that have agreed, I choose my subject Guilty bent copper, because that is what he is, and yes he is more guilty of using his position in a way that has become headlines all over the country. It has been seen that this has badly damaged many organnisations including the police force all around, I do not include this BPO as it is another farce, it may help some, but WOW what a 'wrong un' to pick to say that he is innocent and that it is the whole police force that is guilty. Look at the time that they said if you are black/asian do not join the MET. Now for the backtracking.