The truth is finally out.

Bugsy

Whether I would believe the truth when it's presented by the Torygraph is up for debate.We had a conservative government in the 50's who introduced mass immigration to staff London Transport. Since 1951 we have had 35 years of Conservative and 24 years of Labour governments neither have implemented an immigration policy to benefit  the British population or the immigrants who came to settle here. [:(]

This report was mentioned in the Indepndent, the Guardian, the Daily Mail (whoopeee) - and Financial Times, the Times, and the Telegraph.

The report received different levels of coverage - blink and you'd miss it in one case.

But the report was out there - in ALL the papers.

So being dismissive as 'it's the Telegraph/Mail' - so I won't read, or it's so biased it's not true - is not very clever - and is just the attitude the politicians have counted on over the years.

I was scorned as being 'racist' when I discussed the numbers of immigrants and the problems that were being caused.

It took Gordon Brown 5 years to agree with me that 'talking about immigration numbers is NOT racist'....

So it really doesn't matter whether you won't believe the report because it's mentioned in the Telegraph/Times/Mail -

or you would believe the Report if it's mentioned in the Indy or the Gridiron....

The Report is true;   the facts are true;  the UK was deliberately 'opened up' to a massive influx of immigrants - on an unprecedented scale - and it was admitted that it was a deliberate attempt to change the character and culture of our society.   We also have several large councils today reporting that the massive and sudden increase in numbers has caused huge stress and strains on schools, housing, and hospitals......

So burying your head in the sand and saying that you don't believe the Report simply because you don't like the papers which are reporting is - is just really rather childish - you can't continue to stick your head in the sand and pretend the problems do not exist.   And the problems were caused deliberately and with evil intent.    No government out of sheer stupidity could have done the damage and destruction caused by this load of Commie Traitors.

I don't want to start arguments - but just dismissing a Report simply because of the newspapers in which the Report has appeared does not seem to be very open-minded.....

Chessie

Chessie wrote: "So burying your head in the sand and saying that you don't believe the Report simply because you don't like the papers which are reporting is - is just really rather childish - you can't continue to stick your head in the sand and pretend the problems do not exist.   And the problems were caused deliberately and with evil intent.    No government out of sheer stupidity could have done the damage and destruction caused by this load of Commie Traitors.

I don't want to start arguments - but just dismissing a Report simply because of the newspapers in which the Report has appeared does not seem to be very open-minded....."

NickP wrote:  "Whether I would believe the truth when it's presented by the Torygraph is up for debate." 

I would suggest that you read what was written, not what you thought was written. By the way nice to know that you and Gordon are on speaking terms  [:P]

[quote user="NormanH"]How ridiculous to read these rabid right comments from people who are themselves immigrants, but prefer to hide behind the name 'ex-pats' [:D]

[/quote]

Yes a typical response!

I am not an immigrant to France, or anywhere.  In case it's not obvious,  many of us have holiday homes in France and live in the UK.

And,  I am UK (English) born & bred (2 granddads in WW1 - one dying) and I object to this silly comment, just as I object to the way NuLab has changed my country so much and so quickly.

Tegwini

I have been rather intrigued by this thread and to be honest I am one of the doubters mainly because it didn't 'feel' right. I have had a look through the UK national news papers and sure enough they all cover the same story but with varients depending on their political leanings.

The original article was allegedly written by a guy called Andrew Neather of the Evening Standard based on some stuff he read on the Migration Watch website. That website based its article on its interpretation of a document that was 'leaked' to it of the draft copy of a rather obscure paper written by the Home Office Research Department. Now this is where it all starts to go a bit strange.

They claim that their press release is based, allegedly, on article written by Andrew Neather in the Evening Standard and their press release is dated Feb 10th 2010 yet his article was was never actually printed (visit their (Evening Standard) website and do a search). Even stranger they (Immigration Watch) use the word policy which has been picked up and amplified by the other news papers when in fact the the document concerned is an analysis document and is not a government policy.

Migration Watch press release - http://www.migrationwatchuk.org/pressReleases/10-February-2010

Draft Policy(?) Statement - http://www.migrationwatchuk.org/pdfs/BP9_28_Migration_economicSocialAnalysis2.pdf

I personally don't think the current government has done enough to slow down immigration to the UK but what I do think is wrong, and irresponsible, is the media not only winding people up but not telling the truth and not investigating things properly before printing them.

If you want to know the real truth then I strongly suggest you read the 'draft policy'. Some words are a bit feint but apparently they were censored and computer imagry software has 'uncovered' them. You can then draw your own conclusions. Why did I mention the date, well look at the news paper reports and their dates, its quite interesting.

[quote user="krusty"]

[quote user="NormanH"]How ridiculous to read these rabid right comments from people who are themselves immigrants, but prefer to hide behind the name 'ex-pats' [:D]
[/quote]

Yes but we are immigrants who bring a lot to France.

[/quote]

Yes and in the case of one or two here take a lot out as well, eg French winter fuel allowance claimed by teachers and ex cops and civil servants with fat UK taxed pensions.  Wonder what Le Monde would make of that, must ask.............[Www]

Quillan wrote " but what I do think is wrong, and irresponsible, is the media not only winding people up but not telling the truth and not investigating things properly before printing them."

Is there an electiuon coming?   [:-))]  I wonder what those Ugandan gays Cameron is bringing into the country will vote, will they be there in time??

There's nothing like an old storey rehashed to suit a political situation for which ever side. The difference today is the press seems to have a mission, not to report the news, but to make the news. The classic example is,  the only real "Old Labour" newspaper the Daily Herald was taken over by the totally right wing Sun. The Sun now changes it's politics with the seasons, purely for circulation figures. Give them their due the Telegraph has been consistent ( bit like Norm) [:D] Immigration * has always been with us and always will, immigrants will always take full advantage of the country they settle in, that's why they settle there, to make a better life for themselves and their family's. As for people with fat pensions getting French fuel allowance are you sure? If the pension is that good I don't think they would qualify.

*Nothing is new see the link below

http://www.sussex-academic.co.uk/sa/titles/history/GooseLuu.htm 

Not only the papers make the News,Nick,  the BBC do aa fair bit to fill  up its 24 hours

Classic today, " People who can chose their own working hours enjoy better physical and mental health, a report has suggested, but this was not suitable for people in the construction and retail sectors". [:-))]

Never!!

[quote user="NickP"]

As for people with fat pensions getting French fuel allowance are you sure? If the pension is that good I don't think they would qualify.

[/quote]

Apparently if you get a pension that is paid out from, what was, the HM Paymaster General like school teacher, policeman, fireman, armed forces etc then you have to be taxed in the UK on your pension and therefore can't be taxed in France. The 'trigger' for the allowances is something to do with paying, or not paying tax in France. Its sort of a loophole thats been around for years although not many people know about it. Some of the allowances I seem to remember have been stopped this year. Thats about all I remember (vaguely) of the matter, there is somewhere some information on this forum about it for way back in the mists of time.

Spot on Mr Q.  Just leave the new 4 x 4 round the corner so as not to arouse suspicion, old clothes on, into the Mairie with oil bill and tax advice showing you paid no tax in  France and hey presto 250€ in the bank before you got home.[:-))]  Of course nobody on this Forum who are all upright citizens of France claimed it as it was meant for those in genuine need.....[Www]  I believe greedy Sarko might have stopped this now......[:P]

[quote user="nounours"]Spot on Mr Q.  Just leave the new 4 x 4 round the corner so as not to arouse suspicion, old clothes on, into the Mairie with oil bill and tax advice showing you paid no tax in  France and hey presto 250€ in the bank before you got home.[:-))]  Of course nobody on this Forum who are all upright citizens of France claimed it as it was meant for those in genuine need.....[Www]  I believe greedy Sarko might have stopped this now......[:P][/quote]

Wasn't that how the health thing started off some years back? Wasn't there a doctor that visited an English couple, they had a big expensive house, two brand new Merc's sitting outside etc, etc, but when he put their Carte Vital in the machine he thought it was a bit strange because they got free healthcare as they didn't appear to have any income. Hence the saying, or something like it, asset rich, cash poor. I think there were a few stories in the papers about this sort of thing years at the time. I should hasten to add that the amount of English doing this was quite small compared to the French themselves working on the black and other nationalities, I think the Belgians were the worst offenders. I certainly know of two or three Brits that got 'caught' round here.[:D] As I told one I thought he had a blinking cheek as it was me and all the others paying tax and cotistations in France that were effectively picking up his medical bills. Its nice when you do things right and can afford sometimes to be a bit righteous. Plus you have the benefit of sleeping well at night knowing you have paid you dues. [;-)]