SAC ??

Gardian

I'm given to believe that a certain Mr T Woods has been attending a 'Sex Addiction Clinic'.

Just wondering whether anybody here can give me an insight in to what goes on in such an establishment? Is it 1-to-1 therapy, or group sessions? Isn't this the sort of thing that Mr Terry has been participating in?

OH tells me that all this is out of my league and that I should get a grip on myself.  Am I wrong?  Don't get any of this sort of thing down here.

Extract from article posted by TP:

But Phillip Hodson, fellow of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, disagrees and says sex is about choices.

He said: "We think that sex addiction is not a proper definition.

"I mean it's up to you whether you go out and have sex with somebody.

"You have a choice or you stay in and watch EastEnders."

If the choice is to stay in and watch Eastenders, I think I'll settle for the sex addiction [6] 

Perhaps ask on a golfing Forum.

BTW, here the word sac is used pejoratively to say somebody is a twit (+vowel change) - : Quel sac celui-là!

Or for fed up 'j'en ai plein l'sac''

If your query is genuine, I am sorry I don't have any advice- but I do hope you find help. Bonne chance.

[quote user="Swissie"]

If your query is genuine, I am sorry I don't have any advice- but I do hope you find help. Bonne chance.
[/quote]

What, Gardian needing advice from a SAC?

I know he buys his bread every morning from a very comely boulangère but I'd no idea he had a "genuine" problem.

Whatever, hope you find a cure soon, Gardian![:D]

[quote user="Swissie"]

[/quote]

What, Gardian needing advice from a SAC?

I know he buys his bread every morning from a very comely boulangère but I'd no idea he had a "genuine" problem.

Whatever, hope you find a cure soon, Gardian![:D]

[quote user="Bugsy"]I knew a sexual adviser once.

He used to say "When I want your f***ing advice, I'll ask for it!"

[:P][/quote]

Which is almost as trite, Bugsy, as my advice to those who greatly irritate me.

I suggest they experience the wonders of sex and travel................

[Www]

Interestingly and in similar vein, I am presently re-reading Tom Bower's facinating book about Tiny Rowland: the "Rebel Tycoon", as Bower described him who did build the Lonhro group, however treated the public company as his own personal piggy bank and fiefdom.

One prominent merchant banker once suggested to Tiny he was a sex maniac!

Rowland, notoriously straightlaced and almost Victorian in matters of the flesh was outraged!

"What on earth are you implying! he roared.

"Well simply, Tiny", the banker said," You screw everyone you ever do business with!"

[:D]

If you ask me a 'sex addiction' clinic is just pure self indulgence and a load of tosh!

As for 'addiction' - this is just an excuse from a celebrity who has

swallowed all the flattery from the syncophants and hangers-on,  and he

obviously thought he could walk on water, which he can't !

If Tiger can't keep his pants on  as a disciplined, and very successful  sportsman,  then is there hope for Joe Bloggs ?  Tiger should rather regret that he was flattered and taken in by a pile of tarts, some of whom made money selling their stories.  Sad really, that the media is willing to pay for such stories, or that Joe and Josephine Bloggs are willing to pay to read them ...

There is so much money at risk, and so many people depending on making money on his coat tails,  that he was persuaded to make that statement yesterday.  And that too, was in my opinion, total cr@p, and clearly written by someone else, and all in thhe cause of making money again.

[quote user="tegwini"]
If you ask me a 'sex addiction' clinic is just pure self indulgence and a load of tosh!

[/quote]

I disagree, I think it is a real illness and should be taken seriously.

I have never had the courage to admit it before but I am in fact a sex addict, or at least would be if only I were able to convince these young ladies that I am a celebrity or a football player [;-)]

I suppose having problems like that justifies to some degree their salaries [6]

[quote user="tegwini"]

As for 'addiction' - this is just an excuse from a celebrity who has swallowed all the flattery from the syncophants and hangers-on,  and he obviously thought he could walk on water, which he can't !

If Tiger can't keep his pants on  as a disciplined, and very successful  sportsman,  then is there hope for Joe Bloggs ?  Tiger should rather regret that he was flattered and taken in by a pile of tarts, some of whom made money selling their stories.  Sad really, that the media is willing to pay for such stories, or that Joe and Josephine Bloggs are willing to pay to read them ...

There is so much money at risk, and so many people depending on making money on his coat tails,  that he was persuaded to make that statement yesterday.  And that too, was in my opinion, total cr@p, and clearly written by someone else, and all in thhe cause of making money again.

[/quote]

Don't hold back Tegwini - say what you mean [:-))]

[quote user="sweet 17"]

OK then, anyone (male or female) on the Forum suffering from this distressing condition?

No, no, you don't need to fess up unless you are a celebrity of course and you have sponsorships to consider.

[/quote]

Well, this "distressing condition" hasn't yet been diagnosed in me, but I am a bit of a celebrity in these parts[;-)] and my sponsorship by the Cafe du Midi may be at risk.

[quote user="tegwini"][quote user="Gardian"]

OH tells me that all this is out of my league and that I should get a grip on myself.  Am I wrong?  Don't get any of this sort of thing down here.

[/quote]

Was that meant to be ambiguous Gardian - or is it just me ?
[/quote]

[:)]