Chris Evans wrong for morning slot? - Is it me

just john

When en France I must admit to not getting on with the radio unless its in the background try as I might; and am guilty of station hopping looking for decent music on the car radio (and not finding much) so I end up getting back to the house and logging into BBC on t'internet for either R2 or 4; trouble is they've started to mess with the programs I liked; Terry's new format is a bit off target though at least he still does Janet and John, I like Janet and John, see John smile, [:)]

Chris Evans in the evening was kinda buzzy but I was ready for him then and it gave a lift at the end of the day for the evening. First thing in the morning, well, it's more than inappropriate, its irrating and I just have to switch to Radio 4. I know it's early days but whilst quietly switching off I read the article this morning and agreed with the quote  ''His mindless banter reminds me of a child with a high-pitched voice in the school playground.

Terry didn't just jump in like Chris does.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/7378857/Terry-Wogan-defends-Chris-Evanss-breakfast-show.html

Well, I don't mind Mr Evans in the morning at all. Wogan seemed to me to be getting tired and samey, and his humour had moved from affectionate banter to a sort of mocking pomposity which grated with me, though I know a lot of people liked it.

In the car I listen to local radio; English or French. One can learn a lot from the latter.

Try Nostalgie, Galaxy (if you have it in your area) France Inter or France Bleu.

The first is mainly music (good IMO) but the repetition of adverts can be annoying.

The last two are a good mix of music and discussion with clear speaking presenters, France Bleu will be local to your region.