Boring or annoying topics - what do you do?

Swissie

There are plenty of topics that do not interest me, bore me rigid, annoy me even - some topics or questions return periodically, for some reason or other.
I just ignore them - it is very easy.

Shame mods do not have that luxury.[Www]

When old threads are resurrected all the past contributers get emails alerting them, and off we go again...... so even if you were tired of a topic, a few months down the line ones curiosity may be peaked......after all its just possibly that something new might have occured - or not ...

[quote user="Swissie"]There are plenty of topics that do not interest me, bore me rigid, annoy me even - some topics or questions return periodically, for some reason or other.
I just ignore them - it is very easy.
[/quote]

Oh the irony! It's obviously not that easy for you at all.

Funny how YOU restarted a VERY old thread, one that you knew would kick off yet again. I wonder why you did that, but hey, you have all the answers!

[quote user="ebaynut"]

[quote user="Bugsy"]Where can I find an english-speaking doctor ?[/quote]

When you find one, please let me know. [geek][/quote]

And me... [:)] And only a lady one... [:D]

Do doctors still have to learn Latin?

"I am thinking of moving to France once I have sold my house in Burnley.  I can't wait.  I am so excited about handing in my notice.  The thing is that I know nothing about France and I don't speak French but I did watch 'Houses in the Sun' two years ago. Where shall I live in France - any recommendations?"

Dear Cathy - as you've seen 'Houses in the Sun' you should be fine. France is France innit! As for healthcare, don't worry - just register at your parents address and jump on Ryanair in an emergency. Dutch or German might be helpful if you need a vet. Easy.

[quote user="Swissie"]Jayjay - I said I ignore topics that bore or annoy me. I replied to a question from a member - it would have been so simple to ignore this and just let it go away. Simple.
[/quote]

A "Question" from 2006?????

Some leadtime!

Now here's the OP's post:

[quote user="WendyG"]

Not sure if this is in right topic.

Does anyone know of a Masonic Lodge in the vicinity of Chinon/Saumur?  My friend, who is a Mason,  has been down to lodge meetings in Perpignan/Carcasonne but obviously this is a very long way.  We have been unable to ascertain whether there are any lodges nearer.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

[/quote]

Posted 18-11-2006

And here's you "Answering" the question, Swissie.

[quote user="Swissie"]Wendy if you are interested in FM in France, you could read Sophie Coignard 'un Etat dans l'Etat' published last year. She says that 22% of Masons are currently women.
[/quote]

Posted 07-04-2010

And, as a point of accuracy, the book you quoted is an attack on Freemasonry: hardly an honest or constructive response to the OP's honest request for information, now is it?

[quote user="Gluestick"]

[quote user="Swissie"]Jayjay - I said I ignore topics that bore or annoy me. I replied to a question from a member - it would have been so simple to ignore this and just let it go away. Simple.
[/quote]

A "Question" from 2006?????

Some leadtime!

Now here's the OP's post:

[quote user="WendyG"]

Not sure if this is in right topic.

Does anyone know of a Masonic Lodge in the vicinity of Chinon/Saumur?  My friend, who is a Mason,  has been down to lodge meetings in Perpignan/Carcasonne but obviously this is a very long way.  We have been unable to ascertain whether there are any lodges nearer.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

[/quote]

Posted 18-11-2006

And here's you "Answering" the question, Swissie.

[quote user="Swissie"]Wendy if you are interested in FM in France, you could read Sophie Coignard 'un Etat dans l'Etat' published last year. She says that 22% of Masons are currently women.
[/quote]

Posted 07-04-2010

And, as a point of accuracy, the book you quoted is an attack on Freemasonry: hardly an honest or constructive response to the OP's honest request for information, now is it?

[/quote]

Gluey topics move on we cannot be stuck in the past whether imagined or not.

You are starting to make posts like Q - he even manages to find quotes that have been deleted!

There are still questions I brought up that you cannot answer.