BNP broadcast

Clarkkent

I have just observed the British National Party election broadcast.

Nick Griffin sat with a photograph of Winston Churchill behind him and with "Nimrod" from Elgar's marvellous Enigma Variations playing in the background. Mr Griffin spouted his usual strain of intolerance.

I was sickened.

So don't vote for him or his party.

Odious characters with equally vile ideas and policies are a part of free speech and democracy.

Still if he wins I might win too. Having had an Austrian mother I think I could move back to UK for long enough to qualify for his £50k golden goodbye [Www]

Yes, Vissac, it was a caricature.

But I think that it was the looting of English cultural icons - Churchill, Elgar - that sickened me. They were placed there to give verisimilitude and a sense of security. It's difficult to explain exactly how I felt when watching this. Emotionally violated?

I don't like any of the PPB and think that any one of the party leaders who sit there and spout their lies after fiddling their expenses should be exposed for what they are.

I do however, defend my right to vote for whoever I want too, even if that is the BNP.

[quote user="Clarkkent"]

Yes, Vissac, it was a caricature.

But I think that it was the looting of English cultural icons - Churchill, Elgar - that sickened me. They were placed there to give verisimilitude and a sense of security. It's difficult to explain exactly how I felt when watching this. Emotionally violated?

[/quote]

Thank god is is not an English election then[:)]

[quote user="AnOther"] Having had an Austrian mother I think I could move back to UK for long enough to qualify for his £50k golden goodbye [Www] [/quote]

You may be an icon for him Ernie, one of the bedrocks of Adolf's little gang was the Austrian anti-semetic groups at the turn of the 20th century and from what I recall, wasn't Adolf actually Austrian?

The bizarre thing is that Elgar wrote Nimrod for his music agent, who was a German called Jaeger - Nimrod/Jaeger/Hunter

[quote user="tegwini"]

So many are so disillusioned with the  MP's   expenses  scandal,  that it would not surprise me if the BNP wins a seat or two.  With proportional representation they would win quite a few seats.

Tegwini

[/quote]

The political wing of the IRA terrorists have won seats in the UK parliament so why shouldn't people who have not murdered anyone?

[quote user="Richard51"]Given you've (mostly) all upped sticks and moved to la belle France - why is it of interest?

[/quote]

Because there are plenty parties just like the BNP if not worse and they are growing within the EU and talk to and support each other . Europe has been there before !