UK Bank Interest on tax form

Laurier

Hi
I can't find the thread where David gave info about putting UK interest on line 260 on 2047K.
Sorry to repeat - in the past I have put the total of the UK interest on line 233 then repeated on line 252 (2TR), then again on 260 (2TR)! (as per the line numbers on this year's form).

I must have got the info off the forum before but now I wonder if I should only put it on line 260 (2TR) ... and then tick 2OP on 2042!

As I said, it's like painting by numbers, but more stressful.
Would appreciate clarification, thanks.

Thanks for such a quick response, David.
When I looked at previous forms, I couldnt understand why I had filled it all in like that.
It is quite scary when you don't really understand what you are doing and, thankfully, our affairs are relatively simple - just pensions and minimal interest!

I will just use the 260.
Thanks again.

Quite agree with you Laurier 'scary'. Also I much prefer having the paper version in front of me - for me it's much easier to read as reading the screen I tend to miss things for some bizarre reason. Hope your form filling goes OK.

One problem I have is that when I enter my U.K. bank interest on the 2047 (online) and report it it overwrites the sum automatically entered in 2TR for interest from a French account that also goes there. The first year this happened I couldn’t edit the cell on the 2042 so I wrote a note explaining that 2TR should be the two sums added together. Last year I called in at the tax office and discovered that the cell that still couldn’t be edited on my iPad could be edited on their PC. This year the cell could be edited on my iPad.