Oh to be rich and bankrupt....!

mint

Can't think of any justification for the tax payer bailing her out and I suspect there would be a huge outcry  if this were to happen.

So the Royal family have a sometime member who has embarrassed them, whats new ? Many of us such people in our families...they'll just have to do what ordinary mortals do - get on with it !

Does anybody really care what trouble she's in and what becomes of her.

If people are pathetic enough to suck up to a has been minor celebrity and extend themselves to that tune of 5m they deserve to lose it. Even the butcher, baker, and newsagent should have known better, you know the saying, in God we trust, everyone else pays cash [blink]

In any case those debts will be absolute peanuts in relation to the overall sum and I refuse to believe that she couldn't pay them in an instant if she chose to but she won't. If she finds herself with a bit of cash in hand she's more likely to use it to buy a new pair of shoes.

No sympathy from me then but I think you've probably gathered that by now [:D]

Sadly it is not only the Royals - I personally know several young people with a very high lifestyle who have 'chosen' to go bankrupt. In the 'old days', not very long ago, people would do almost anything to avoid bankruptcy and would make every effort to try and pay debts. But not for some in this generation of 30 year olds in the UK- just run up the debts then lie on your back. One of the ones I know particularly well has a very rich husband, great big 4x4 and fabulous house, etc, etc. It makes my blood boil, but it is us, who have scrimped and saved and done without and should be able to get a little return on the savings we finally managed to make- who pay for it - they just say 'oh it doesn't matter, the banks will pay' - no WE all do.

[quote user="Swissie"]Sadly it is not only the Royals - I personally know several young people with a very high lifestyle who have 'chosen' to go bankrupt. In the 'old days', not very long ago, people would do almost anything to avoid bankruptcy and would make every effort to try and pay debts. But not for some in this generation of 30 year olds in the UK- just run up the debts then lie on your back. One of the ones I know particularly well has a very rich husband, great big 4x4 and fabulous house, etc, etc. It makes my blood boil, but it is us, who have scrimped and saved and done without and should be able to get a little return on the savings we finally managed to make- who pay for it - they just say 'oh it doesn't matter, the banks will pay' - no WE all do.
[/quote]

Would I be right in guessing that lying on her back may also have been the means to get the very rich husband, great big 4*4, fabulous house etc? [:-))]