Rejoneo.

pachapapa

[quote user="Christine Animal"][quote user="ebaynut"]

Sport is when competing opponents have an equal chance, so how this can be called "sport" I fail to see.

[/quote]

No Ebaynut, it's not a sport, it's an art didn't you know.  The art of showing what humans are capable of and even without dismounting.

Accompanying coach loads of Brits to bull fights.  Can't think of anything more nauseating !   [:D]   Olé !

[/quote]

I am sorry that you find accompanying coach loads of Brits nauseating but the reality of economics is that the majority of Brits go on holiday using some sort of package holiday.

For economic reasons they are also unlikely to be rich enough to hire a car in the resort for the duration of their stay; in the event that they do wish to extend their cultural and social horizons they will almost certainly need the assistance and services of the local "charabanc" owner.

Oh my DOG and they might even have a "brummie" accent.....how awfully embarrassing.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Quillan"]I don't mind them fighting bulls providing they do what the bulls do i.e. just use there own body to defend or attack. I guess if you take away the swords, stabbing instruments (I'm sure they have a proper name) and the guys on the side ready to rescue the bull fighter you might not get so many people ready to 'have a go'. Fortunately Catalonia had the 'balls' to ban this dreadful 'sport', if that's what you can call it.[/quote]

The video clip of the bulls at Casabindo complies with your conditions as stated above.

But I note elsewhere that you dont like the video clip and find it pointless.

Journalism is essentially involved with giving a record and report of an event; if there is a point then it is concerned with the reasons that the participants participate.

Well, what can one say. I am at mystery as to why you started this thread then, perhaps it might be better to explain. If you want people to go away and think about something perhaps you should say so as your approach is way to complicated for me.

I don't have a problem with hunters who hunt for food. I do have a problem with things like Badger Baiting, C#ck Fighting, Bull Fighting, (Whaling for "scientific purposes") and Fox Hunting mainly because some people misguidedly call it sport, in fact I have a general problem with anyone who does this sort of thing for self gratification at the expense of animals although probably they are the ones who have some sort of problem, mentally that is. Anyway with regards to Bull Fighting, the recent ban in Catalonia may hopefully be the first step in having it banned in the whole of Spain and hopefully beyond.

[quote user="Quillan"]

Well, what can one say. I am at mystery as to why you started this thread then, perhaps it might be better to explain. If you want people to go away and think about something perhaps you should say so as your approach is way to complicated for me.

I don't have a problem with hunters who hunt for food. I do have a problem with things like Badger Baiting, C#ck Fighting, Bull Fighting, (Whaling for "scientific purposes") and Fox Hunting mainly because some people misguidedly call it sport, in fact I have a general problem with anyone who does this sort of thing for self gratification at the expense of animals although probably they are the ones who have some sort of problem, mentally that is. Anyway with regards to Bull Fighting, the recent ban in Catalonia may hopefully be the first step in having it banned in the whole of Spain and hopefully beyond.

[/quote]

The purpose of starting the thread was in my opinion self explanatory. If you read the words carefully you may ASCERTAIN  that the OP publicises an event which is rare in bullfighting circles, namely the live TV transmission of a complete 6 bull programme. Normally there will be only one "rejoneador" included in a programme with two supporting conventional bullfighters.

I would only have expected interest from true aficionados with knowledge of bullfighting and a specific interest in mounted bull fighters.

Your second paragraph is completely irrelevant to me and I will refrain from commenting on it as I have a very low boredom threshold.[:)]

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

Who needs bullfighting anyway, when we have this ?!    [:D]

Careful Pachapapa, or they'll have your ears !

[/quote]

I shall continue in my thankless task then.[:)][IMG]http://k.mouhoubi.free.fr/monblog/wp-content/bonnet_d_ane.jpg[/IMG]

Agreed too. Horses often get gored in a terrible way - guts spilling out- no art, no sport - just sheer Neanderthal cruelty. Bravo Catalonia.

Shame they haven't also banned this other terrible tradition of setting the bull's horns on fire and 'drawing' it to death with pulling on all legs with ropes. Is this a sport too- a tradition worth saving?

Not true, in fact very rare, horses are protected with heavy padding to receive the force of bull and impact of horns.

As for mounted bull fighting , the bull has little chance of getting that close to the horse; the horse is quicker.

Have you got a link to a youtube to assess the horn burning tradition?

You've already lost one ear Pachapapa.

REJONEO (Bullfights with horsemen)

In this style of bullfighting instruments called rejones are used which are stuck into the bulls by rejoneadores (horsemen). Like in other bullfights, they train in private on bulls, torturing them to practise their sadistic skills, before they appear in these performances.
The bull is forced into the bullring where he is confronted by these men. The bull is then stuck with many of their harpoons which have a lenght of 5-7cm. The horses are changed several times as they become too frightened to use.
Harpoons with a blade of 15 or 25 cm ("rejones") are also stuck into the bull.
The torture of the animal continues with the so called "death rejon". This device has a blade of 65 cm and is stuck in the back of the bull. It's common that in these kind of bullfights the horses are deeply wounded by the horns of the bulls in their bellies, loosing their intestines and consequentely die.

Scroll down on here: http://www.iwab.org/franceeng.html 

Maybe you could post the u-tube link about the poor horse with his guts hanging out- the look in his eyes haunts me - recently posted on TFF.

For the tradition of setting fire to bulls horns see  www.paperblog.fr/2355554/stop-aux-cruautes-espagnoles/           Disgusting.

PS  sorry Christine, our posts crossed.

[quote user="pachapapa"]

I would only have expected interest from true aficionados with knowledge of bullfighting and a specific interest in mounted bull fighters.

Your second paragraph is completely irrelevant to me and I will refrain from commenting on it as I have a very low boredom threshold.[:)]

[/quote]

Well I think it would be true to say that nobody here, other than yourself, has any interest in bull fighting both on or off a horse other than to disapprove of it so if I were you I would just leave it at that.

This dreadful horn burning terror is happening every year in November. Please look at the link (could somebody post it so it works please) to assess the whole horror of it - but more importantly to write to the authorities involved (listed on the site) to try and STOP THIS horrendous festival.

[quote user="Quillan"][quote user="pachapapa"]

[/quote]

Well I think it would be true to say that nobody here, other than yourself, has any interest in bull fighting both on or off a horse other than to disapprove of it so if I were you I would just leave it at that.

[/quote]

Not true Quillan.

I would be very interested in going to see the Argentinian spectacle if it is what it appears to be in the clip,  after what Christine has written about the Rejoneo I definitely dont want to see any mounted bullfighting.

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

You've already lost one ear Pachapapa.

REJONEO (Bullfights with horsemen)

In this style of bullfighting instruments called rejones are used which are stuck into the bulls by rejoneadores (horsemen). Like in other bullfights, they train in private on bulls, torturing them to practise their sadistic skills, before they appear in these performances.
The bull is forced into the bullring where he is confronted by these men. The bull is then stuck with many of their harpoons which have a lenght of 5-7cm. The horses are changed several times as they become too frightened to use.
Harpoons with a blade of 15 or 25 cm ("rejones") are also stuck into the bull.
The torture of the animal continues with the so called "death rejon". This device has a blade of 65 cm and is stuck in the back of the bull. It's common that in these kind of bullfights the horses are deeply wounded by the horns of the bulls in their bellies, loosing their intestines and consequentely die.

Scroll down on here: http://www.iwab.org/franceeng.html 

[/quote]

I am always wary of webs redacted by oposition groups they tend to be tendentious. Ihave only ONCE seen a horse killed in a bullfight and that was in a conventional bullfight not a fight on horse back. The horse suffered injuries due to the incompetence and stupidity of the rider. The horse is only protected on its right flank for a right handed person to apply the "estocada" to the muscles on the back of the bull; sometimes it is necessary to move to a different position, this will normally be done moving clockwise around the perimeter of the bullring allowing the horse protection. The idiot turned the horse to move anti-clockwise and the bull took advantage of the left unprotected flank. The horse didn't stand a chance but it was in cataluñya at a fight for tourists and the catalans are useless at bullfighting.

As for the horses used in bullfighting a bull fight on foot or on horse is divided into stages called "suertes" controlled by the President of the event. Each stage "suerte" is different and the horses are changed accordingly, not much use having a horse good at the "paso doble" when one is trying to cleanly administer the "rejon de la muerte".

Thanks for your link it will be useful as I never realised there were so many bull events in france.

[quote user="Chancer"][quote user="Quillan"][quote user="pachapapa"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not true Quillan.

I would be very interested in going to see the Argentinian spectacle if it is what it appears to be in the clip,  after what Christine has written about the Rejoneo I definitely dont want to see any mounted bullfighting.

[/quote]

Cochinoca is the area in which the pueblo of Casabindo is located; I used to live in the Cochinoca area. I presume you have Google Earth 3D installed on your PC. Please find a Google Earth link to my homestead, a mining camp at 4000 metres in the Cordillera. The slightly less visible areas are where mining claims exist. When it opens zoom in, go full page and fly around.

http://www.maplandia.com/argentina/jujuy/cochinoca/el-aguilar/el-aguilar-google-earth.html

P.S. Programme tonite on Guatemala, only been there once, lots of Mayan ruins.

http://www.programme.tv/faut-pas-rever-2888293.php

A rare event this evening, sunday, on Andalucia TV broadcasting live from Torremolinos Malaga. The last bull of the corrida was so exceptional that  both the crowd and the matador requested the the staying of the final "suerte". The crowd shouting "indulto" and waving white handkerchiefs; finally after much insistence the President showed the red sign and the valiant toro was removed from the arena.

PP.

with a pentium P166 I didnt even try to download google earth 3d, shame I would have liked to have looked.

the guatemala program finished 5 minutes ago [:D]

IIRC Puzz.fr wouldnt work for me as that also needed something downloading.

One day I will have the monet for a decent PC.

• 2 weeks later...
I sadly agree that anyone that could take pleasure in watching a slow cruel death of an animal would get no sympathy from me if they were injured or was even subjected to the same cruel slow death while "enjoying" the carnage. However, there was a 10 year old injured. How can a child be allowed to see such a terrible thing to begin with? [:@] I think the parents should be pts.

That pachapapa guy/woman probably lives in Kent and has never been further than Watford. You are so naive to believe anything he/she writes. Usually you find that people who brag so much about where they have travelled/lived in the world have never set foot outside of the town they were born.

From what I have read of his rubbish on this forum he writes whatever will maximise the shock/horror/contempt people will feel about his post, most of it easily found on a Google search.

[quote user="pachapapa"]

The first bullfight which I attended was at the Las Ventas arena in Madrid during the San Isidro Festival. I think the year was 1964 but it could have been 1965. Shortly afterwards I moved north near Burgos to participate in "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" where I met Clint Eastwood, nice bloke also a bull fight fan. Then further north again to Pamplona for the running of the bulls and the Festival of San Fermin.

[/quote]

Strange that, I know Clint well - good mate of mine in fact and he has never said he liked bull fights. next time we meet up for coffee I'll ask him.

[quote user="ebaynut"][quote user="pachapapa"]

Yesterday a bull in Spain jumped the barrier and injured 40 spectators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n25lF8BovOo

[/quote]

Please give us some good new and say the bull killed some of the spectators.

I would enjoy watching that. [8-|]

[/quote]

Not likely to happen when a croxd of people are involved as the bull becomes distracted and will keep changing the immediate object of agression; sometimes the bull will pin somebody specific against an object making distraction of the animal more difficult and resulting in increased likelihood of serious injury. Since the advent of antibiotics however death is not probable.

So you will just have to keep hoping for that unlikely event.