Happy Birthday Greyman

Rose

I just wanted to make it known that my lovely OH has a birthday today! 

You may know that I've been a bit under the weather and the lovely Mr Greyman has cooked, cleaned, done every school run, done the shopping and all the laundry, changed the beds and made the beds, and not allowed me to do a single thing.  I'm sleeping a lot too so he's spent most of the last month alone or being entertained by a 12 year old... and he's generally been such a sweet-heart that I thought I would tell the world what a gem he is :)

Happy Birthday Greyman [kiss] [kiss]

Nothing like a crisis to show you what kind of relationship you're in.

Well done greyman (I guess you're far from being so in reality) - I know myself how important you must be to Rose and I also know of guys who (even after years of marriage) run off in the opposite direction at the first sign of trouble.  It can be tough, if not tougher, for the partner in these situations but at least you know how much you are appreciated.  Thanks for taking such good care if our cyber-chum.

Hoppy burpday.[B]

Thank Coops... and you are of course so right!  I've spent some time reading info on the Macmillan site and was staggered by the number of people saying that their OH left following diagnosis!  I also agree it's tougher for the partner... the first week or so particularly so... and of course you'll know all about this! 

He's been my rock so I just wanted to give him so attention today [:D] 

I also hope Greyman is having an excellent birthday.  [:)]

It's wonderful to have a partner who can step in and take over like that; I've been blessed that way too. As you say, Rose, it's never easy on the one who's not ill. If you're ill, you just have to let them get on with whatever they have to do, as you feel so weak and wobbly. I too was amazed at the statistics of those who just walked out. Unbelievable, and so sad!

Thank you everyone, especially my English Rose :x

She's had a tough few months so I'm only doing what she deserves. Your song was very appropriate Twinks, poor old John, 70 today too.

We

had a lovely day today and she took me to see the opera tonight, a very

rare treat in rural France ! It was the New York Met shown live on a big

screen, we're not especially opera goers but it was very good. Back

down to earth tomorrow with the pumpkin fair !

Here's another for my special lady http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IccNC0XKy5Q