Favorite Internet Explorer toolbar

uirwour

Nowadays there are many toolbars for Internet Explorer, some are toolbars with search engine functionality such as toolbars for Google and Yahoo, some toolbars are for free dictionary, some are anti-phishing service. I currently use [URL="http://www.panopreter.com/en/products/panopreter_plus/index.php"]Panopreter[/URL] toolbar which can read out text on the web page, and convert the text to mp3 and wave audio files. Whenever I have to read a long story online, I enable the toolbar and listen to the speech by Microsoft Anna to avoid eyestrain.

Here is the toolbar screenshot:

[IMG]http://www.panopreter.com/images/IEToolbar_Eng_part.png[/IMG]

I have a favourite, cheese, whisky, holiday destination, singer, football team, breed of dog, TV show, female newsreader,...etc... etc.

However, if  an able bodied adult  has a favourite toolbar , they need to get out more and,

see a doctor!

[quote user="LEO"]
I have a favourite, cheese, whisky, holiday destination, singer, football team, breed of dog, TV show, female newsreader,...etc... etc.

However, if  an able bodied adult  has a favourite toolbar , they need to get out more and, LISTEN TO THE VOICES [:)]
see a doctor!
[/quote]

juxta         position           above.

As a further comment on your favourite breed of god, etc..... I would just note that the Narrator programme in a Microsoft environment is designed as an ergonomic assistance tool for those of us with poor or deficient eyesight.

I quote:

Narrator is a text–to–speech utility for people who are blind or have low vision. Narrator reads what is displayed on the screen—the contents of the active window, menu options, or text that has been typed.

Narrator is designed to work with Notepad, WordPad, Control Panel programs, Internet Explorer, the Windows desktop, and some parts of Windows Setup. Narrator may not read words aloud correctly in other programs. Narrator has a number of options that allow you to customize the way screen elements are read.

End quote.

I find your trite contribution to be in poor taste and out of hand.

[quote user="Salty Sam"]

Leo made the point of stating "able bodied", so why on earth is his contribution "in poor taste and out of hand" ?

[/quote]

Its the OPs disposition and reasons or even necessity to use TTS software that I was thinking about. The thread is apparently to cater for the SPECIFIC NEEDS of someone who expresses a need for ergonomic aid.

I quote from the OPs post:

Whenever I have to read a long story online, I enable the toolbar and listen to the speech by Microsoft Anna to avoid eyestrain.

End quote.

Perhaps it would be fitting for you and Leo to open a thread dealing with TTS software for " able bodied seamen".

Just to round off the thread I would add that personally I use the software provided by MicroApplication entitled, votre PC prend la parole. The software uses TTT technology developed by France Telecom with voice rendering in both French and English. Whilst the application enjoys a 30% reduction on the website due to it only being compatible with Vista and XP.

However the local Media Department of E Leclerc have the software, amongst others NOT compatible with Windows 7, available at € 5.

To be truthful I have in fact purchased 4 Software Application items at € 5.

I am very happy.[:)]

http://www.microapp.com/logiciel_votre_pc_prend_la_parole_1185.html

Post Prandial Edit:

Not TTT, should be TTS. This is an akrownim for Text To Speech.

[quote user="pachapapa"]

Perhaps it would be fitting for you and Leo to open a thread dealing with TTS software for " able bodied seamen".[/quote]

That would be a SatNav system then.

Personally, I'm quite happy to prefer my Kindle for long reads and should eye strain become a problem, I can simply don my specs or alternatively switch to TTS if I so desire.

Although I will admit to having a preference to viewing my digital magazine subscriptions in full glorious colour via Zinio on my netbook.

[quote user="Salty Sam"][quote user="pachapapa"]

Perhaps it would be fitting for you and Leo to open a thread dealing with TTS software for " able bodied seamen".[/quote]

That would be a SatNav system then.

Personally, I'm quite happy to prefer my Kindle for long reads and should eye strain become a problem, I can simply don my specs or alternatively switch to TTS if I so desire.

Although I will admit to having a preference to viewing my digital magazine subscriptions in full glorious colour via Zinio on my netbook.

[/quote]

I see you are rambling again......me & OP are on Internet Explorer and voice synthesis.

Neither Kindle or Zinio will help much in displaying IE9.

But I do admit I adore Zinio for viewing PlayBoy; the blown up "pubes" are stunning.

http://fr.zinio.com/reader.jsp?o=int&pub=263743439&prev=sub&offer=273524419

How sad, but I'm pleased I've introduced you to Zinio and rest assured, if you spend the time looking through, I'm sure you'll find something of interest which you will be able to plagiarise.

As for "rambling", well that's a larf coming from the expert on the subject.

I do apologise for butting in to your private communication with the OP.

[quote user="Salty Sam"]How sad, but I'm pleased I've introduced you to Zinio and rest assured, if you spend the time looking through, I'm sure you'll find something of interest which you will be able to plagiarise. As for "rambling", well that's a larf coming from the expert on the subject. I do apologise for butting in to your private communication with the OP.[/quote]

Prefer 3dissue but now you mention "butting in"......Can I share your subscription to "ButtMan" on zinio?

• 3 weeks later...