Not the Blair Journey

mint

Sweets, I have Astra and had checked on arrival chez moi from Santiago to see whether I could pick up TV Galicia and yes, I can.  And did.  I've been watching it all day and it has been wonderful.  So many recent memories and to see the botafumeira was just magic.  I only wish I could have understood everything but with non existant Spanish I had to guess.  I did catch the odd word that I understood but not the most important for a pilgrim - desayunos, servicios - which wouldn't have figured in Benoit's address!  The music for the mass this evening was sublime and I'm quite emotional to the point that the Camino Aragones is calling me for May of next year..............................  And Pacha, thanks for all the links.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, Pacha.  Only thing is, I am not a great lover of Gaudi.  There is his archbishop's palace in Astorga and I shuddered when I compared it to the cathedral across the road.

I saw a woman taking pictures of it and I had to stop myself tapping her on the shoulder and telling her not to bother!

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Thank you, Pacha.  Only thing is, I am not a great lover of Gaudi.  There is his archbishop's palace in Astorga and I shuddered when I compared it to the cathedral across the road.

I saw a woman taking pictures of it and I had to stop myself tapping her on the shoulder and telling her not to bother!

[/quote]

Inside works for me; the outside lacks proportion but the central tower remains to be built. This for me will complete the harmony, unfortunately still 16 years of construction to complete the work.

http://www.papabarcelona2010.cat/ca/%ef%bb%bfLit%c3%bargia_de_la_dedicaci%c3%b3n

Top right in Banner of page a Google Translator.

You missed two and a half hours of sublime beauty....vandal!![6]

Well, Pacha, as they say, you could take the girl out of the third world (for third world substitute your own word) but you can't take the third world out of the girl!

I have never been to Barcelona but I HAVE been to Valencia and there are, as I recall, some Gaudi buildings there and I didn't mind those in the least.

Am I now (slightly) redeemed in your eyes???

Pacha, that looks to be a really good film and with Michael Sheen!

Certainly will have better photography than my meagre efforts.  Wow, some publicity for the Camino, hey!

Edit:  I'd like to know what time of year they did the filming.  From the stills, I can see the meseta but the meseta is possibly the worst place on the whole Camino to guess what the season might be.  I imagine that all pictures of the meseta, at whatever time of year, would look more or less the same.  Perhaps the maize crops might give the time of year away....